"What happened back there?" Ryujin asked. 

From after the fight ended to their arrival at Yeji's place, nobody had yet explained what really happened that caused the fight. Other than Yeji and Jisu, everybody else was clueless, though Hyunjin probably had a rough idea of it.

"It was my fault. I shouldn't have agitated Soob-"

"No it was mine," Jisu interrupted Yeji. "Soobin wanted to talk ... but I refused, and when I tried to leave he didn't let me. Not until Yeji stepped in to help."

"He was obviously after Yeji though. The way he looked at her was different," Chaeryeong chimed in.

"Which brings me to my point. Thank you, Chaeryeong-ah," Jisu once again redirected her gaze towards the girl sitting in front of her. "Yeji ... what did he mean when he said hurt you again?"

The silver haired girl could only look down on the floor, very much hesitant to speak up and answer the question Jisu had just asked her.

But it was Hyunjin who spoke first.

"Yeji, they deserve to know."

Yeji looked up to settle her sight on her cousin, as if looking for any sort of confirmation and assurance, that it would be alright if she told them.

"How are you so sure?" Yeji asked back. "What if he goes after them next?"

"It doesn't matter at this point. He dug his own grave. He exposed himself. They know what he's like now, they deserve to know what happened to you." 

Everyone now turned their attention to Yeji, expecting the silver haired girl to talk, to explain, to tell them what they seemed to not know about her for all these years.

Past

The moment Soobin laid eyes upon Jisu when he saw her at the high school orientation, Soobin knew he wanted Jisu.

The way the girl was able to look so cold and menacing on the outside only for her aura to completely take a 180-degree turn just from smiling instantly captivated Soobin. 

He knew he was crazy for her.

But throughout their first year in high school, there was always someone else next to Jisu. 

Someone who would accompany the girl everywhere she went, sitting beside her in homeroom, sharing lunches in the cafeteria, and even walking home together.

And it angered Soobin to know it wasn't him.

It was Yeji.

Without Ryujin, Chaeryeong, and Yuna who were still in middle school, the two relied on each other more than ever. 

Every activity they had, whether it was in class or extracurriculars, the two were always there for each other. Always cheering on for one or the other.

One could even say that it was during their freshman year in high school that their feelings truly bloomed for one another. But if they were being honest, they've always felt something different when it came to their feelings for one another. It just took them a little while to figure out that they liked each other, more than just friends.

Soobin tried everything he could to win Jisu's heart over, despite knowing that her heart already belonged to Yeji.

Buying her flowers, asking her out on dates to fancy restaurants, even buying concert tickets for artists that came to their town.

None of them worked. 

All of them were rejected.

And it wasn't like Jisu enjoyed rejecting the boy's effort. She did feel bad, truly.