Chapter 23

It was already pretty late into the night when they arrived at Yeonjun's party.

The 5 had stayed at the school Halloween event a little longer than they had planned to, enjoying the free buffet the school had provided for them while dancing and jumping around to the music played by the DJ, admiring the wide arrange of creative costumes that students had prepared.

Even Yeji who had been wary of her surroundings was starting to ease up and enjoy the night.

She had been trying to spot where Soobin was, but thankfully had no luck in doing so.

After the crowd had began to thin up, they decided it was time to head to the afterparty, though not without heading back to their apartments first, where Yeji was desperate to remove her pirate beard make-up. 

She had been getting funny looks all night and as much as she loved seeing Jisu laugh, it didn't feel like such a good idea to head to a college party with a fake mustache and beard on. 

And as such, since they were going to be stopping by their apartments anyway, all of them decided to change into something more comfortable, ditching their costumes and opting for a simpler black top and pants look, not forgetting to put on a jacket or a coat as well since temperatures have been steadily dropping as winter was just around the corner.

"I guess we're not really late huh?" Jisu said as they stepped out of Yeji's car, in front of them the party seemed to be just picking up steam, as other students seemed to be only arriving as well, some were in casual clothes while others still wore their costumes.

It didn't take long for Yeji to find herself alone, surrounded by young adults dancing around her, bodies moving to the beat of the blaring music, her vision distorted by the bright neon lights, her nose engulfed by the smell of alcohol that was starting to spread around.

She was initially with the others, but soon went on her separate way, wanting to get some fresh air.

Yeji was still not used to this, and after what had happened the last time she went to a party, she never thought she'd be going to another so soon.

Yet here she was once more, pushing her way through the crowd of teenagers, some who were drunk and some who weren't, trying to get to the backyard, where she didn't feel confined by the walls of the house and could at the very least get some fresh air, one that wasn't tainted by the smell of alcohol.

Yeji took a seat on one of the many benches that had been set up along with the many cheap plastic tables that were spread throughout the backyard, with some of them being used to play beerpong, while others were already littered with plastic cups and alcohol bottles.

It only made Yeji all the more puzzled as to why someone would ever want to host a party. 

The aftermath of it was probably such a hassle to clean up. But then again, with a house like this, it was most likely not an issue to just hire a cleaning service to do all the work.

The silver haired girl sat there, taking deep breathes, enjoying the cold night breeze, looking up at the stars and large blue moon that seemed to still maintain its brightness despite the glaring neon beams that were coming from this party. 

She had always admired the moon, the way it couldn't emanate its own light the way the sun did, but still managed to shine brightly.

She was so entranced by the night sky that she didn't even notice Jisu who was already sitting beside her, handing Yeji a cup filled with a clear carbonated drink.

"Don't worry, it's soda," Jisu said, already expecting Yeji to reject the cup after her mishap last time.

Yeji smiled before reaching out and accepting the drink, taking a few quick sips of what tasted like sprite.