Chapter 11

Trigger Warning

The drive back home was as calm as can be, if it weren't for Yeji's occasional grumble followed by the muttering of Jisu's name.

Jisu quite couldn't figure out why Yeji couldn't stop speaking her name, and why it seemed like when Yeji was having a nightmare, her eyebrows narrowing and her face wincing in what seemed to be fear and terror, the muttering of her name somehow calmed the silver haired girl down.

It was odd, but cute to say the least, though it did bother Jisu that Yeji seemed to be constantly tormented by whatever she was dreaming in her sleep.

They soon arrived back at their apartments as Jisu reversed the black car into an open parking spot.

She stopped for a minute, gathering her breath and getting herself ready for the long trip up to Yeji's apartment, only to realize that the girl beside her was now awake, though barely.

"...J-jisu?" Yeji said as she turned to look at the sober girl, her eyes hardly opened, barely showing her pupils.

"H-hey ...," Jisu carefully and quietly whispered, not sure how to put into words the oddness of the situation and why the two were in Yeji's car, "uhm ... we're here."

"...where are we?" Yeji replied, struggling to keep her eyelids barely open.

It was pretty obvious that Yeji, although awake, was clearly not in the right state of mind, whether it was from the lingering effects of the alcohol or just from natural exhaustion and sleepiness. 

Either way, Jisu needed to get Yeji into bed.

Jisu opened the car door, closing it on her way out and making her way to the passenger's side, making sure that Yeji wasn't leaning on the door before she pulled the car door handle.

"Can you stand up?" Jisu calmly asked, a hint of a motherly tone present in her voice.

Bump!

"Ow ..."

Jisu tried her best not to laugh at what she just saw.

Yeji, in her confused state, mistook Jisu's question as a command to stand up right on the spot, which was exactly what she did, causing Yeji to bump her head on the car roof.

Jisu instinctively caressed Yeji's head, hoping to soothe away the pain that the bump may have caused, which made Yeji's mouth curl up into a smile, eyes still narrowly closed.

"Alright, let's get you to bed."

And with that, Jisu guided Yeji out of the car, not forgetting to lock the black vehicle behind her, as the two made their way up to Yeji's apartment.

It wasn't as hard as Jisu had expected it to be unlike back at the party where it took both her and Chaeryeong to carry Yeji to her car. 

Since Yeji was now at least conscious even if just a little, she was able to hold her own weight, lessening the burden on Jisu, thankfully.

Jisu took out the keys from Yeji's denim jacket pocket, unlocking the door and entering the slightly older girl's apartment room, her right arm still wrapped around Yeji's waist.

They made their way into Yeji's bedroom, passing by the kitchen which had been left a mess only a few hours ago from Yeji's pasta adventures which Jisu made a mental note in her head to clean up after she tucked Yeji to sleep, she couldn't stand seeing a mess especially not in the kitchen.

She directed the silver haired girl to take a seat on her bed, which Yeji obliged to much like a sleepy child, something Jisu did find to be quite amusing and adorable, lowkey wondering if Yeji would do anything and everything she asked her to do.