Chapter 48

There was a knock on the door, and upon opening it, Tzuyu was surprised to see Jisu.

"Hey, sorry to bother, is-"

"Unnie! If you're looking for Yeji, she went out for a walk by the beach!" Ryujin yelled out from inside the room.

"You can come in if you'd like," Tzuyu offered, with Jisu nodding politely in agreement, not forgetting to take her shoes off by the door as she headed inside the large room that was crowded with the entire team, each bed on the wooden floor occupied except for one, which Jisu assumed belonged to the girl she was looking for.

"Unnie," Ryujin called out to her as the short haired girl continued to run her fingers through Yuna's long hair, the latter already comfortably fast asleep on Ryujin's lap.

"Is she asleep already?" Jisu asked while squatting down in front of the two, a little surprised to see the usually energetic younger girl already passing out this early into the night.

"Yeah, I guess the practice tired her out," Ryujin answered with a chuckle while looking at her girlfriend fondly with adoring eyes, occasionally caressing Yuna's cheeks before returning to combing her long hair.

"Chaeryeong's already asleep too. I guess everyone's a little bit tired from the early flight huh?"

"Everyone except for Yeji and you it seems," Ryujin teased, causing Jisu to roll her eyes immediately in response.

"Where is she, anyway?"

"She left half an hour ago, said she wanted to go for a walk by the beach."

"This late at night??" Jisu quickly rebutted.

"I wanted to accompany her, but Yuna was already dozing off..."

"It's fine," Jisu responded. "I'll go get her."

"Of course you should. She's your girlfriend anyway," Ryujin teased once again with an annoying smirk.

"She's not, Shin Ryujin!" Jisu exclaimed, though quickly covering her mouth in fear that she would wake the maknae up.

"...... Has she not asked?" Ryujin responded in a whisper.

"... N-not yet...," Jisu answered, trying her best to not sound disappointed at the fact that Yeji hadn't asked her to be her girlfriend again despite everything that had happened in the last few months.

Not that it mattered to Jisu anyway, because Yeji had already proven time and time again of how much she loved Jisu, but to say that Jisu wasn't expecting it would be a complete lie.

"Well, the two of you already act like a married couple anyway. What difference does it make if you guys have the label or not," Ryujin joked.

"I don't care about the label, you know that..."

"Then what is it?"

"No ... it's just ... you'd think after everything me and Yeji's been through in the last few years, and all that's happened in the last several months that ... she would have asked already?"

"The one who knows her best is you, unnie. If you don't know what Yeji is thinking, how would we? Don't you think it's better to just ... you know, ask?"

"Do you know how embarrassing it is to have to ask someone why they haven't asked you out yet?" Jisu responded with an annoyed look, causing Ryujin to laugh.

"Alright, I'm gonna go and get her before it gets too late. Goodnight," Jisu said as she stood back up and headed back to her room to grab her coat, not making even a slight noise to not wake Chaeryeong up who was known to be the lightest sleeper among them,  before going out to hopefully meet Yeji, that is if she could find her by the beach as Ryujin had told her.