***

She's my mum! You have to give me her address!, Tracy said.

It's for your own good, Tracy, Elaine said.

Grownups always say that but they won't tell you the truth. I wanna get out of this dump but you're trying to stop me, Tracy said.

I'm not. I'm trying really hard to place you and your sister with separate families and I know they're out there somewhere because... you're both... very, very, special girls, Elaine said.

If we're so very, very special, how come no one wants us?, Tracy said as Elaine was left speechless.

I didn't know you did impressions, Elaine. Great goldfish!, She said as she walks away to the house.

***

Mack and Justine climbed down from the kitchen counter after placing the flour on top of the cupboard door and gave Louise and Adele thumbs up.

They've done it. Top of the cupboard door, Louise said.

What's daring about that? Duke will get it and he's so soft, it don't count, Adele said as Mack and Justine appeared.

Tracy dared us to flour-bomb someone. She didn't say who, Mack said as Justine nodded.

Shh! Someone's coming, Louise said as they hid underneath the kitchen window.

Jenny walked into the kitchen and looked round until Mike walked in.

All right?, Mike said.

Don't talk to me unless you want your head bitten off, Jenny said.

You probably need some sugar in your system, Mike said.

Biscuits! Great idea, Jenny said as she went for the biscuit tin to find it empty.

Jenny then opens the cupboard door to look for biscuits but she screams as flour spills all over her face and clothes as she tries to wipe it off.

Mack, Adele and Justine and Louise stifled their giggles as Jenny looked out the kitchen window.

***

Oh! Trust me, you don't wanna go in that kitchen, Mike said as he rushes past Duke and Peter.

Look at the state of me!, Jenny exclaims as Peter and Duke shrug their shoulders.

Screwdriver, Duke said as Peter hands him the screwdriver.

***

Mack and the others came out into the garden laughing.

Did you see her face?, Tracy laughs.

Beat that!, Justine said as Mack nods her head.

Just tell me what needs doing, Tracy said as they laughed just as Jenny approached them.

Do you know anything about this?, Jenny said whilst carrying a dustpan full of flour.

Oh, it's for sweeping up. It's called a dustpan, Mack said.

Don't push your luck, Miss, Jenny said she empties out the dustpan full of flour into the bin and walks back inside just as the girls started laughing again.

Are we doing dares or what? I've got a bedroom to move into, Tracy said.

Right...here's your next dare, Mack said.

***

Tracy empties out Duke's cheese sauce into a jug and pours it into Mike's welly boot.

Here, put this by the back door, Tracy said holding out the boot.