Episode 2

***

***

Mack was asleep until she jumped up as a scream rattled through the house.

So she got up and tiredly walked towards the stairs to find everybody awake.

What happened?, Adele asked.

Tracy, Ryan said as everyone groans as they marched upstairs to bed.

It's always Tracy Beaker causing trouble, Mack mutters as she walks into her bedroom and gets in bed and falls asleep.

***

Hmm, low turnout after last night's hoo-hah. Hear you screamed the place down, Tracy, Duke said as he handed out toast to everyone for breakfast.

I heard a burglar, I was screaming to frighten him off, Tracy said as Mack scoffs.

Admit it- you were terrified, Mack said as Justine nods smugly.

I'm braver than you, Mackenzie Beaker and Justine Littlewood, any old day of the week, Tracy said as she bit into her toast.

***

Once, before you came, Justine, the Dumping Ground caught fire and I was the one who raised the alarm and led everyone out to safety, and then, I was the only person brave enough to go in and save poor little Maxy. He'd have been burnt to a crisp if I hadn't rescued him from that terrible, terrible fire, she said.

***

Tracy was staring at a trash can on fire until Mike put it out with a fire extinguisher.

What on earth do you think you're doing, Tracy?!, Mike exclaimed.

Seeing if it's true what they say on TV- " A real fire makes your house feel more like home." It didn't work, Tracy said.

***

Justine and Mack are twice as brave as you, Louise said.

Wanna prove it? We could have a dare competition, Tracy said.

We've nothing better to do, Justine said.

What's the prize?, Zac said.

My old bedroom! Not as brave as you both thought?, Tracy said.

I'm in, Justine said.

I don't want your scruffy pit of a bedroom but in other words: Deal me in, Mack said.

And if you both chicken out, she gets both of your rooms, Adele said.

Yeah, but what if she chickens out?, Mack said.

You both get to keep them. Wanna any help with the packing?, Tracy said.

I get to go first, cos it was my idea. I dare both of you to...

***

Duke can you help me with this lock?, Jenny said as Duke left the kitchen as Justine and Mack walked in.