We're off the Map Now

***

***

I can't eat this- it's burnt, Lol said as he holds up a piece of burnt toast as everyone else was shouting and arguing amongst each other.

Well, if someone hadn't whacked the toaster up to 11...I haven't got time for this today. We've got to leave in half an hour, Sid said as he attempted to clean up the tea that Roxy spilt.

Do we have to go orienteering?, Crash said.

We went last year, Mack complained.

And some of the kids are still stuck out there, Bouncer said.

It's like this breakfast, it had challenges for you to solve as a team. Plus it's the perfect leaving do for Jackie and Bouncer. Jackie will get us all there, and Bouncer will chef the barby. And then for the grand finale, we've got a surprise!, Sid said.

Surprise? Tell us, please!, Lol said as everyone chimed in to plead Sid to tell them the surprise.

No, no- I've said too much already. More toast, anyone?, Sid said as they all threw their burnt toasts at him.

Hey!, he exclaimed.

***

^^Mack changed for the orienteering^^***

***

So, where's Checkpoint A, then?, Bouncer said as they approached a lake.

Map reading is easy. Check north on your compass, get your bearing, then count off the degrees, Jackie said.

It's Saturday. You want me to do maths?, Rio said.

Yeah, this isn't the Gobi Desert. It's there, right? So, what... that's over there somewhere? Oh, come on, guys, let's just go, yeah?, Lol said as he walks off.

Wait for me!, Mack said as she ran to his side and holds his hand.

I'm with you, Rio said as he joins them.

Get it over with. C'mon, Rox, Chantal said as she joins the others.

You got to do things properly or you'll get nowhere, Roxy said.