32) The Burrow

Warnings: Slight domestic abuse, very, very light physical abuse (please skip the bits after the Quidditch match if all of that makes you uncomfortable)

It had been two weeks since the Masquerade Ball at Malfoy Manor. Whatever feelings Fred had for Adrienne that he had successfully managed to almost shove away had come pouring back into him the moment he saw her face. But the way she had reacted, he was sure she wanted nothing to do with him anymore.

He assumed that the months they had spent apart had only resulted in Adrienne finally falling in love with her husband. So he did what he had been doing ever since April. He kept quiet about it and slowly tried to push the feelings away once more. And the only way to do that was to move on from her with other people.

Fred walked out of his bedroom at the Burrow, pulling on his sweater as he made his way downstairs to the kitchen. "Morning mum" he smiled, kissing her on the forehead as he grabbed a cup of coffee and sat down on the table. Everyone else was still asleep, Molly was usually the first one to wake up and for the past few weeks, so was Fred. It was him and his mum in the kitchen, spending time together as he helped her with cleaning the dishes and such.

Fred sipped from his cup, leaning back in his chair. Suddenly, he realised that something was off. The table looked longer than he remembered it. And there were two extra chairs too "Mum? Why've you put an extension charm on the table? And set up two extra places? There's only nine of us. Did George invite Oliver?"

"Hmm? No Fred, those seats are for the Ellis', I told you yesterday, don't you remember?" Molly said, starting to fix some breakfast for all the people who would be waking up anytime soon.

It was as if Fred's heart had started to beat in his mouth. He was sure he hadn't heard his mum right. There was no possible way she was being serious. "The Ellis'? Noah and Adrienne Ellis?"

"Yes, now get over here and help me with breakfast" Molly said distractedly.

"And they're going to be here today?"

"Yes Fred-"

"And they're spending the whole of Christmas with us?"

"If you had payed any attention last night, you would've known that I had invited them here weeks ago. Now you get your arse here Frederick and help with the breakfast or you're not getting any" Molly said. She had a tendency to get stressed whenever she invited guests to her home. Fred shakily got up from his seat as he made his way to the toaster. He absentmindedly used his wand to toast pieces of bread as he realised that this Christmas could either be one of the best times of his life or a complete disaster.

"Please don't ever put Jenna in the same room as me aga- Oh hi Fred!" Ginny stopped what she was saying as she saw Fred standing in the kitchen. She sat down at the table, Hermione, Harry and Ron soon followed.

"Where's Jenna?" Fred asked Hermione and Ginny, the three girls were sharing Ginny's room.

"Still taking a shower I think" Ginny said, a hint of annoyance in her voice.

Jenna. Fred had momentarily forgotten about her. What would Adrienne say when she meets Jenna? Her and Fred were practically dating at this point, maybe it was a good thing. It would keep him away from Adrienne. After a few minutes, Jenna bounded down the steps, a sweet smile on her face. "Morning everyone" she said sweetly.

"Good Morning Freddie" she said, standing on her toes and kissing his lips. From behind them, Ginny pretended to gag, causing Ron and Harry to smirk. George and Arthur was soon downstairs too and everyone enjoyed a good breakfast.

"Alright everyone, listen up, I want you on your best behaviour because Adrienne and Noah are going to be here-"

"WHAT?" Everyone's eyes, except Arthur's, widened and some of them even almost choked on their tea. "Adrienne and Noah are going to be here?" Hermione asked.