"Aren't you going to drink?" She inquired, a slight sneer on her face. Then and only then did he lift his eyes and they seemed to cut into her, deep into her eyes, her face, every little imperfection she had she felt he could see right through and it made her dangerously uncomfortable.

"The little stunt you pulled the other day. I won't have it happen again."

"I did nothing wrong. I simply called her what she is."

"You did everything wrong by offending me. If you are wise you will not do it again." His voice growled as he watched her lift the cup to her mouth and take a sip.

"It's been so long since we've seen each other. And we meet with animosity between us." Still he hadn't taken a sip of his tea and it was starting to irritate her.

"If we can be mature about what has happened then I believe we both can move forward." For the first time since their meeting began, he laughed but it didn't sound humorous.

"Move forward?" Putting down the cup, she took him in. He looked even more intimidating than he had before he left. Somehow, the last shreds of boyhood had been erased and in front of her now was a man hardened by experience, hardened by will. Ambition. Determination. Her mouth grew dry and yet another place on her body borrowed the moisture, drenching the dari-sokgot hugging her body. Gods...as furious as she was...she wanted him to take her and break her...ruin her from the inside out...make her crash into tiny little hard rough pieces to the point where she could only beg and cry and whi-

"I recall my words to you those years ago...after finding out that you had participated in the selling of Tiye. I told you that you were dead to me. And I meant every word of it." Anger and hurt blossomed in her chest.

"And now here you've come home faced with a quite difficult situation." His lips pinched as she again took another sip.

"I'm truly hurt Cheol-su... hurt that even after all this time and our knowing each other that you would continue to put that woman before me. Nevertheless....I'm prepared to tolerate it. And her. For a small askance." His eyebrow lifted.

"Askance of what?"

"I'll go along with this...situation...only if you give your word that the contract between the two of us be fulfilled. The words your father swore to my father and mother before bringing me here...intent on being wed to you. I want it realized." His eyes grew dark with fury.

"You're in no position to request anything of me. How dare you."

"You have obligations pyeha. Obligations that you are bound to by honor. And knowing you so well... I know that you will see them through. Whether you want to or not." His cheeks, once reddened now blazed bright and cherry. As if fire itself lit him up from the inside. But no explosion came... what she expected was not to be.

"I assure you this Jae-Hwa. The foolish boy ruled by familial duty died within me long ago." His words sent chills down her spine. He leaned back comfortably, eyes blazing with heat.

"This game you've played with my brother...continue if you like. But hear me very clearly. Should you get in my way... I will destroy you and everyone else who helps you." Her throat grew tight and she felt as if he had taken his own hand and choked the air from her lungs.

"Who shall wear the crown as my Queen will do so only by my desire. Don't forget that."

"P- pyeha..."

"I came to you today with a request of my own."

"And...that is?"

"For you to go to Deoksugung." Her hand stilled from lifting her cup.