♛13

Mandy Moriah 🌥

after Von dropped me off i took a bath to get out of those clothes and fell into a much needed sleep.

i was sleeping good, it was all the noise and commotion that woke me up. and it sounds as if it's coming my way.

it is-

my eyes popped open as my mom, dad, grandma and my sister bust in my room.

"Mandy Moriah Carter" i heard my mom yell holding her hands on her hips.

"ma'am ?" i asked sitting up wiping my eyes.

"Manny, estoy tan contenta de que estés bien" my grandma hugged me kissing my face.

"where have you been Mandy ?" my mom asked as everybody looked at me.

"i was at a friend's house, we got busy studying for midterms so i stayed over" i lied.

that felt so wrong...

"why the hell you couldn't pick up the phone Manny?" my dad snapped.

"it died while i was there, my friend doesn't a phone and her mom doesn't have the same phone that i have" i lied again.

"daddy she lien manny ain't got no friends" tootie scoffed.

"mind yo business tootie" my mama said looking at tootie making her roll her eyes folding her arms.

"where does your little friend live, we're going over there to talk to her mother" My mom said grabbing my hand making my eyes widen a little.

"they went out of town this morning, to visit a sick family member in Atlanta" i said.

"when are they getting back?"my dad asked and i began to get tongue tied.

it's like when i told that first like i have to tell a hundred more to keep up with that first one.
i don't like this.

i wish i could just tell the truth but i'll be as good as dead if i do. i can not do that.

"see daddy, she telling stories-" tootie spoke up.

"tootie ve a tu cuarto ahora !" my grandma said making tootie storm out of the room. i saw her standing down the hall still watching.

"Manny are you lying? let me know right now." my dad asked sternly and i just sat there.

i'm still halfway sleep too, this is hitting me all at once catching me off guard. i was really tired this morning, that's why i didn't go to church.

"give me your phone" my mom said holding her hand out.

i sighed handed her my phone from off of my bed. she unlocked it going through it making me bite my nails nervously.

"who's this boy Mandy?" she asked me tilting her head.

"oh hell na" i heard my dad mumble walking out of my room.

my eyes started to tear up as they started giving me third degree.

my dad walked back in the room with a belt in his hand making me scoot away as he walked towards me swinging the belt hitting me all over making tears slip out of my eyes.

i held my hands in front of the belt kicking my feet,crying at the same time.

"john that's enough" my grandma said and my dad stopped hitting me with the belt a few minutes after that.

"i'll handle you when i calm down" my dad said pointing at me walking out.

"your grounded for 3 weeks.  home , school, and church. that's it, that's all." my mom said before walking out too taking my phone with her.