I always felt you guys were the closest thing to soulmates...

I shook my head and let go of his arm as Mic's words rang through my memory, "Nothing, just felt that something was off."

"Well, I am fine. You got nothing to worry about." Somehow I felt it was a lie, but I have no right to pry or anything, so I neglected to ask.

The week went by smoothly for the most part, which made me nervous. It's just not in my students' nature to be so well behaved or have nothing happen. I had my fingers nervously tapping on the dinner table, anxiously waiting for some sort of update from one of my students. Not even Gran Torino was sending me anything about Midoriya, and I needed to update Toshinori about it. Iida and Manual said everything was running smoothly, which put me at some ease, but I still didn't trust it. I mean, Iida is working in Hosu, where the Hero Killer Stain attacked his brother. He can't just be okay... especially when seeing how so many people liked his ideologies.

I felt a large hand clasp over mine, and I looked up, meeting the ruby colored eyes, "You know if no one is contacting you is because everything is okay. It's the last day. You literally have nothing to worry about, sweetheart." Vlad held my hand and rubbed his thumb on the back of mine, reassuring me that everything was okay.

"I know, I just can't help it." I returned his affection by grabbing both of his hands and squeezed them before going back to eating. Trying to make sure to keep my mind off work and focus on the man before me.

After some light talking and dessert, Vlad decided to walk me home. It felt pretty nice not to worry over my kids, the city light cascading in the sky, giving a romantic feel to the night. It would fit for it, but I couldn't get into the romantic mood for some reason. My mind was still subconsciously thinking about the students, like this sixth sense telling me I should check in on everyone.

"Mai?" Vlad tightened his grip around my shoulder, "You okay? You seem to be spacing out again."

I chuckled, "Sorry, I just got lost in thought while looking around the city." I sank into his side, "It's really nice out tonight."

Vlad hummed as we continued to walk back to my place. Once we made it to my door, it was like traveling back to when we were outside of Aizawa's. The blood-red eyes twinkling, the closeness, the shallow breaths, the only difference this time was he leaned in for a kiss on my lips instead of my cheek like last time. His lips on mine tingled, but I couldn't tell if it was because of the feeling of being kissed or because of the feeling of having Vlad kissing me. Either way, I returned it because I was tempted to feel more of that tingling feeling. I couldn't tell how long we were connected like this, but eventually, Vlad broke away to catch a breath. He and I were breathless and staring at each other, dreaminess clouding his eyes, my eyelids fluttering between closing and opening.

I gulped and awkwardly looked between his eyes and his lips, "Do you want to come inside?" I met with a smile and was immediately pulled into an embrace as I opened the door.

We didn't even bother to turn the lights on. We just stumbled into my room as we kissed and roamed our hands all over each other. Clothing was slowly left behind before we even made it to my bedroom door. It was quick and passionate. Almost animalistic.

Vlad paused to look at me if only to see what he was seeing. I must've looked like a mess right now. He laid me down slowly as he hovered me making his way from my lips to my neck. I closed my eyes instinctively, enjoying the feeling of having someone worshipping my body.

I was at least enjoying it while it lasted. By the time Vlad got any chance to go lower, my phone had rung. He briefly paused and looked up at me, "Do you want me to stop so you can get that?"