13

Spencer and Elizabeth were sat in a café just outside of the airport

Spencer and Elizabeth were sat in a café just outside of the airport. The two fiddled with their coffee's in awkward silence. Neither had any idea what to say to the other.

"So how was your flight?" Spencer started, looking up from his coffee.

"It was fine. Just a little tired from waking up early."

"Oh." Spencer said, looking back at his coffee.

"How have you been?"

"Good, I'm just nervous. I just can't believe you're actually here."

Elizabeth smiled, "I know, it's actually really cool finally being able to see you. Though to be completely honest with you, I thought you'd be shorter."

Spencer laughed slightly, "And I thought you'd be taller, guess we were both wrong. When's your hotel check in?"

"Any time after one, so we have a while." She sipped her coffee. "Oh, I almost forgot, I told my friends I'd send them a picture of you, in case anything happens. Is that okay?"

"Yeah, of course. I get it." Spencer said. He understood why she was doing it, she was in a new city with a man she'd only just met in person who could have been lying to her in the letters about himself. She was high risk.

Elizabeth smiled, and pulled out her flip phone. She snapped a quick photo of him and sent it off to Jasmine with the caption 'he's cool :)'. "So, tell me, how's your week been?"

Spencer smiled. "Good, I got your letter. Arizona was okay, it was over quickly, so that was nice. How's your week been?"

"You know, just chess, chess and more chess." She nodded, "My friends came over once or twice for food, because apparently none of them can cook."

"Don't expect me to be any better, I'm fairly certain that my neighbours don't appreciate the smoke alarm going off randomly."

"Oh god, how many times?"

"Let's just say the smoke alarm is my way of telling if dinner is ready."

Elizabeth snorted, "You need to learn how to cook!"

"So I've been told." Spencer laughed.

"Well, maybe I'll have to teach you a few things while I'm here."

Spencer smiled, "I'd like that." He took the final sip of his coffee.

"You finished?" Elizabeth asked, picking up her coffee cup.

"Yeah. You?"

"Yep, pass me your cup and I'll toss it out. Then we can get going."

Spencer nodded, passing her his cup. He quickly grabbed her luggage before she had the chance. "Hey, I'll be carrying my own luggage!" She said, walking back over to the table.