tripwire trail of tragic grief

☾︎ i followed a tripwire trail of tragic grief, the places i once found orchids in are now filled with shedding trees with torn seams, the pond below used to once be the place i'd wet my feet and make garlands out of brittle weeds, but we all outg...

the places i once found orchids in are now filled with shedding trees with torn seams,
the pond below used to once be the place i'd wet my feet and make garlands out of brittle weeds,
but we all outgrow the places where we've once been, it was in my own fragility.

☾︎ are there still midnights i would want to be awake?

there are so many things i want to say but the words don't find their way out of my mind,
so, what can i do but follow the tripwire of tragic grief?
leading me to roads i've never seen, the kind of places that scare me, but i'm still following because i have no where else to be.

☾︎ i followed a tripwire trail of lined melancholy,
i haven't met with the souls i'd once cry for, the kind that you held hands with in the midst of a storm.

where are those people who
would see me slip on the sidewalks?
there is only one thing that i want;
i want to be washed off from
all those memories,
the good, the bad, the tragedies,
i'd do anything for it, escaping the paints i've always used for your portraits.

☾︎ how much longer before we reach?
because; i followed a tripwire trail of tragic grief,
the places i once found diamonds in are now filled with broken diadems and i tried but i can't find them.

the pond below used to be the place i'd once sit and write poetry with the petals of the floating lillies,
i hope that the ones after me can find my words drowned with frail dignity,
we outgrow places we've once been and now i'm following a tripwire trail of cascading grief.

a/n : Every person in my life these days seems to be so unmotivated, myself included and following a tripwire trail of tragic grief is what my life seems to be following right now. This poetry is a very sad kind of acceptance of things and being in a state of uncertainty- which perfectly describes what I have been feelings these days. Everything is changing in a way that feels so strange and my only way is forward and so I move ahead.

I hope you enjoyed this poem and take care :).