white daisies

☾︎ white daisies wilting in your gray eyes, thunder striking every drowning lifelines, how are we miles away when we're sitting right next to each other? strangers for life and friends for the summer

thunder striking every drowning lifelines,
how are we miles away when we're sitting right next to each other?
strangers for life and friends for the summer.

i'll meet you years from now; at the cold carved stone temple by the lone path we took that october day, the only time we walked together, and you led the way.

but i won't be surprised if you don't show,
i won't be waiting, i will leave you stone cold,
i won't be plucking white daisies off the side of the road,
what it's like to have bonds beyond blood; is something we'll never know.

☾︎ wisteria wanting to leave your garland field,
purple skies, poisonous weaves of silk that make your dress so wonder-filled;

your words are thunder to a rainy day;
a storm of turbulence racing with hurricanes,
an ash river trail still burning inside,
you set ablaze all my miseries like they're my drowning lifelines.

history should teach me something about caution,
but i know this road can't be taken, so why am i still walking?

i'm leaving petals of wisteria on the side of the road,
perhaps it will lead you to the places you used to know,
there's a stubborn hope in my heart,
bring me white daisies and perhaps we can have a fresh start.

-

a/n : do you ever feel so detached and lost from the people who are supposed to be the closest to you? and i'm going to give references to this poetry so i apologize for a long author's note and a messy poem, i'm not sure where my mind is at.

references :

1) white daisies usually signify new beginnings. in the beginning they are wilting, which shows the death of a relationship and in the end, the narrator decides to give things another try and asks for white daisies as a present for a fresh start.

2) wisteria symbolises long-life and immorality, so wisteria wanting to leave your garland field, means that the narrator wants to leave a relationship they are bound to forever by birth and have no other option than to stay. some seeds of wisteria are poisonous, so the next line, poisonous weaves of silk that make your dress so wonder-filled, is about how the world may perceive a person as something but they're totally different to people who know them.

3) ash river is located in minnesota but that is not where this poetry takes place, it was used only as symbolism.

4) but i know this road can't be taken, is a reference to the poetry the road not taken by robert frost.

5) there's a stubborn hope in my heart, is from the quote "there is so much stubborn hope in the human heart" by albert camus.

okay, i'm done and i hope you enjoyed. here is the first piece i've written in 2021 and i genuinely hope you enjoyed. thank you for reading. and we just got 1k reads and i am so so beyond happy so, thank you, really.