Monday 17th December [Adrien]

Start bij het begin

"What? Why?"

"I need Mari's, finger measurement."

Plagg looked up at Adrien in disgust.

"Ewwww ... whatever you're planning to do please make sure I'm not around."

"Don't be ridiculous Plagg. I want to go and get her an engagement ring."

"You're dead set on this, aren't you kid?" Plagg smiled at his wielder, knowing that for once the kids brain was working.

"I really am, Plagg. This is it! This is when my life finally begins. Me and M'Lady against the world." The smile on Adrien's face was contagious. He was radiant with love and hope. He was a man completely and utterly in love.

"Don't forget me and sugar cube."

"Of course, and all the other kwami's. I do hope she says yes."

"I can't imagine her saying anything else." Plagg spoke with such sincerity Adrien actually felt his eyes fill with emotion.

The elevator opened onto Adrien and Marinette's floor and he made his way straight to her office. He stood in the doorway and watched her scream profanities at the chiffon she was currently trying to edge. She screwed it up and threw it across the room before catching the glint in Adrien's eye.

"You say anything and you're dead." She walked over to him, grabbed the drink and collapsed onto the sofa in her office. Groaning, she threw her head back over the top of the sofa.

"Oh come on Mari, it can't be that bad."

She turned to look at the familiar blonde as he sat next to her. Her kitty, her Adrien.

"That was my sixth attempt Adrien. Sixth!"

"Perhaps you need a bit of a distraction." He looked at her and wiggled his eyebrows crossing one leg over the other.

"Oh yeah? And what would that be?"

"A little kiss." He pouted and moved forward towards her, only to feel her finger on his lips pushing him back.

"Good try." They both began to laugh as Marinette's phone signalled a call coming in. She checked her watch. Could it be the results? Had Alya's results came back?

"It's Alya." She announced as she answered the call.

Hey Mari?

"Hey Alya, are you ok? Have they told you? Do you need me there?"

Mari, I know who the father is. Can you please come to the hospital? Just you though, not Adrien.

"Sure. Is there anything you need?"

No, just ... I need my best friend. I need to talk to you.

"I'm on my way."

Shutting down her phone she looked over at Adrien.

"So ... I've managed to get a lot done this morning and I think ... eeerrrmmm ... I need a mental health break?"

Adrien looked at her and began to laugh.

"Just go to Alya!"

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah of course. I was about to tell you I was out the remainder of the afternoon so don't worry about it."

"Thank you Adrien, you're the best!" She jumped up and placed a kiss on his lips. His eyes opened wide. She must enjoy it as much as he did. She does it enough.

Within seconds she'd placed on her coat and was running towards the door.

"Oh geez, Adrien. I think I'm going to have to cancel tonight. I'm not sure how long I'll be with Alya." This evening would have been the regular get together at the Dupain-Cheng's. "I'm sure my parents would be ok with you still going alone though, they pretty much want to adopt you."

The unspoken words between the two lingered as they looked fully devoted at their other half. At their soulmate. Soon they could be a real family, the hope was shimmering off the two heroes.

"I'll still go. I really do love your parents."

She smiled at him.

"They love you too." She was about to step foot out the door when Adrien spoke again.

"Errrmmm... Marinette? I kind of bumped into Kagami today."

Marinette froze and turned around to look at Adrien, he could see the fear flicker in her eyes before she composed herself.

"Oh, how is she? I haven't had chance to catch up with her since I've been back."

"She's ok. She wants to invest in your clothing line. She's invited us to dinner tomorrow evening. Is that ok?"

Marinette bit her bottom lip and Adrien could see she was taking control of her emotions. Just like the many times Hawkmoth had tried to akumatise her in the past. She was so strong, so controlled.

"Yes. That's fine. Will we be going together?"

Adrien thought he understood the true meanings behind the words, and it wasn't meaning together as a boss and designer.

"Sure thing, if that's ok with you?"

She smiled.

"Ok, that's great. Y-y-yes that's fine. So I'll see you tomorrow morning?"

"Same time, same place." He winked at her causing a blush over her cheeks and a giggle to escape her beautiful pink lips.

Plagg appeared as soon as she was gone.

"Fifty and three quarters." Plagg and Adrien fist bumped as Adrien made his way out the door.

He grabbed his personal communication device from his pocket and typed in a new message to his Princess.

Your hair is black as night, your pretty bluebell eyes,
I wonder who you are underneath that strong disguise.
Every day we see each other and I hope that you'll be mine, together our love could be so true, please, will you be mine?

Happy with his text he made a list in his head.

Number one - buy the most amazing engagement ring he could find, he could honestly say money was no option as long as it was perfect.

Number two - get the permission of Tom to propose to Marinette.

Number three - find out the results of Alya's  paternity test.