Monday 17th December [Adrien]

Start from the beginning

Taking a deep breathe and plastering his fake smile on his face, he turned to stare straight into the eyes of his twice made ex-girlfriend.

"Kagami! What a surprise to see you!"

"Not really Adrien, you've been screening my calls and ignoring my emails for weeks."

Adrien chuckled nervously, scratching the back of his neck. Suddenly his phone signalled a new message and he raised an apologetic eyebrow as he pulled out his personal phone.

Your hair shines like the sun
Your eyes are gorgeous green,
I look at you and wonder
Your innermost thoughts and dreams.
Yes, yours I will be,
Our love will be so true,
Together for eternity,
My heart belongs to you.

The poem. She had responded to his message with the poem Adrien had received when they were both fourteen years old. The poem to Adrien! This left three options.

Option one - Marinette gave him the original poem and is reusing it for Chat. After all, their aesthetics were the same.

Option two - Marinette knew the person who had written the original poem and has used it for him, allowing him to receive it for a second time.

Option three - Marinette gave him the original poem and is reusing it for Chat because she knows they're the same person.

Option three would seriously be the best news he had ever received. However, he was a black cat. A black cat who was known to possess bad luck. Still, nothing could wipe the smile off his face as he reread the message, completely forgetting about his beautiful ex standing in front of him. All that mattered was his Lady.

"Adrien? What's with the smile? Is it someone who you'll actually reply to?" Adrien rolled his eyes.

As Adrien went to reply his name was called out.

"Order for Adrien."

Adrien stepped forward to grab the drinks tray and the food from the barista.

"Listen, Kagami. I really don't have time at the moment. There's a lot going on and I have a commission to make sure is completed, so don't mind me." Adrien went to walk around her when her words stopped him in his track.

"I'm not stupid Adrien. I know she's back. However, I'm not here to battle for your heart again. I'm actually here as we would like to invest in Marinette's female designs."

Adrien looked at Kagami suspiciously. She always had a hidden motive and wasn't afraid to fight for what she wanted. What could her real agenda actually be? Yes she was working for the same company his father dealt with and he knew it could be lucrative... but it was Kagami.

"I've booked us a table at The Bourgeois Hotel for tomorrow evening. Eight o'clock. Bring Marinette and hopefully we will be able to make a deal." Adrien nodded to Kagami, he knew he had to say yes. This was business, not personal. His mind began to race. What would Marinette do?

"We'll see you there." Adrien turned back towards the door and marched out. He wondered how Marinette was going to deal with this. The woman was a saint but still, a dinner with his ex, that was a lot to take in. Especially as they were moments, hours, days away from making all this crushing on each other into something official.

A thought hit him on his way back. This day was the perfect day. Walking into the 'Agreste' building he made his way up to Marinette's office with the drinks and treats in hand and a determined look on his face. Hidden in the elevator he called for Plagg.

"Pist! Smell sock! I need you to speak to Tikki." He whispered, keeping his eyes firmly in front of himself. No cameras could pick up Plagg, but he didn't then want them to pick up Adrien looking like a crazy man.