5

Mirio's POV
"I....can't...I'm sorry Mirio...I can't..."
Even though I said it was okay I still have this bitting curiosity.And something tells me that his something is why he never talks about his parents, and why he's reluctant to tell me why they never talk to him.Even so, right now Tamaki still needs to go get set up at my place so I hurry and finish the packet of overwhelming paper as Tamaki gets ready with the few things he has and after a couple minutes we're ready to head out.
"Okay..."The doctor said as he skimmed the packet some parts catching his attention more than others."...you two should be set to be let go....although that doesn't change the fact that Amajiki needs constant surveillance."The doctor said in a serious tone."So...that's why I'm assigning him to see me every week and phone calls every day on his progress and condition, you'll be in charge of all that Togata,"The doctor said to me and I nodded.Tamaki also nodded, his small figure bringing me nostalgia.
When we were young
I thought as I smiled softly.
"Okay then if that's all then we should be off!"I said with a grin.The doctor nodded before bowing.
"See you both soon,"He said before we headed out.As we walked further away I felt Tamaki come closer almost clinging to me.I looked down to see his small face leaning on me.
"You okay Tamaki?"I asked making him snap his head up.
"Yeah...just a bit sleepy.."He muttered and I smiled.I thought nothing of it at the time.Yet later on it would be vital information.

It took less than 10 minutes before getting out the hospital and it took under 20 to get to my place.Tamaki's seatbelt was latched on tight as I drove and eventually he dozed off.I chuckled at the childlike behavior.It was weird driving with a child version of Tamaki in the back seat.Even weirder that this is the first real time I've driven him anywhere.This is probably because of Tamaki's independence and him not liking to owe people—even me.Nonetheless it didn't take very long to get to my place so once I found my designated parking area I stoped getting ready to wake up Tamaki.I live in a 1 floor apartment, it's a small place with only one bedroom but enough for me.Though of course it's inconvenient when someone wants to come visit or spend the night.It doesn't feel to great just forcing them to sleep on the couch.
"Tamaki,"I whispered softly shaking him gently.His breathing is calm and slow, his eyes open slowly before he sits up.He stretch's and yawns rubbing the sleep from his eyes.
"Mirio?"He whispered in a hoarse voice.I nodded.
"We're at my place now,"I stat with a small smile.His face goes red and he turns away before nodding.I tilted my head in confusion at the reaction before shrugging it off.Tamaki shuffled a bit as he undid his seat belt.I stepped out the car and helped Tamaki out.We walked to an elevator out of the main garage and it took us to the fifth floor—my floor.Tamaki walked by my side his hand gently clinging to my shirt.We abruptly stopped as one of my neighbors—Kim—an old lady who's about 75, who looked as though she was shuffling to get her keys when we ran into her.She looked over at me and smiled before her eyes caught on to Tamaki.
"Oh...Mirio..who's this?I've never seen this child before.."She asked and I felt Tamaki tense next to me.
"Haha, this is um my friend's...he um needed some help with babysitting,"I said as I tried not to stumble.My nervous laughter caught in my throat.
"Ah!I see, hello there,"She said as she knelt down to Tamaki's level.I felt Tamaki tense next to me again before but once her attention was on him completely he slid behind me his hands clinging to me.
"....hi..."He whimpered as he slid further behind me as tense as tense could be.
"Haha, sorry he's a bit shy..."I nervously laughed as I felt Tamaki grip me tightly.
"Oh I see....hmmm....weird...he looks familiar.."She said her eyebrows knitting in thought and at that point I was terrified.I was sweating buckets as she thought long and hard.
"Haha, does he?"I laughed nervously as I looked at my door which was right behind her.Tamaki was still clinging behind me."Well, I need to get him set up at my place so..."I gestured and she nodded quickly moving aside.I sighed quickly in relief before walking quickly ahead as Tamaki followed just as quickly.I quickly unlocked the door and closed it behind us as I locked it back.We slumped back on the door our breathing heavy as we slid to the floor.I looked over to Tamaki who was covering his face his breathing quick and heavy, My breath hitched the realization hitting me like a bullet—he's having a panic attack.
"Tamaki!"I hurriedly pulled him in and his breathing quickened rapidly."Tamaki breath.."I whispered.He tightened his grip on me as he slowed his breathing to heavy slow breaths."Good..."I sighed out as I relaxed.
"...sorry.."He whispered out as his grip loosened.He backed away and my heart skipped a beat as I saw his face—wet and puffy with tears—back away from my chest.An urge of wanting to protect him took over as I wiped my finger against his wet skin wiping away the salty tears.
"No...it's fine....I'm sorry I put you in that situation.."I said as my finger brushed more tears from his cheek.His face became red and he looked away.
"Don't apologize it was inevitable...I was just scared she would recognize me and the word would spread."He said as he looked down.We sat there for a moment and then I just sighed before standing up quickly pulling Tamaki up also.He yelped as I pulled him up.
"Okay!Lets get you set up for tonight, shall we?"I asked with a grin.Tamaki nodded as we walked toward my living room that was connected to the kitchen by the island counter that divided the living room and the kitchen."Okay, I guess we should have a tour,"I said and Tamaki nodded."Well this is the living room, and this is the kitchen,"I said as Tamaki looked at the two rooms before nodding his face still painted pink.I led him to my bathroom than my bedroom.I have a minimalistic room which had the bare minimum—a bed, a dresser, and a bed side table.Tamaki's face was a deep red and I stared at him.
"Are you okay?Your face is red.."I stated as I looked at him.
"I-I'm fine..."He stumbled as his face became a tomato.He looked away as he tried avoiding my eye contact.I sighed softly before going to my closet to see if I had a futon.I grumbled quietly.
"Um...Tamaki?"I asked and he hummed quickly."Do you...um mind if we sleep together?"I asked and it took me a second to realize how weird that sounded.I snapped my head to Tamaki who had a pure red face.I stumbled over my words quickly trying to explain my words.
"I...um...Ta...I...didn't mean it like that..."I stuttered quickly.My face was beat red."I...um...meant...like...um...sleeping in the s-same bed...not the um...other thing..."I stammered as we just stared at anything but ourselves.
"No...it's...um...fine.."He stumbled but his face was still red."To um...answer your...q-question....um....it...it would be better than nothing I...I guess...."He muttered his voice weak.I thought for a moment as I collected my composure.
"I can sleep on the couch...I have extra blankets so..."I suggested and Tamaki's gaze shot up to me.
"No!T-this is your house...I can't intrude like that..."He muttered as I sat down on the side of my bed.
"...it wouldn't be right for me to let you hurt yourself laying on the couch, besides you looking well...like you do...it's not easy to treat you the same way as um...before...yeah know?"I asked and he nodded.
"Yeah I guess...it would be hard to um...yeah..."he sighed the realization that his new form is well...to cute to leave on a gray couch that might or might not be comfortable to lay on.We both paused in thought before I had a bright idea.
"Hey Tamaki!What if we go shopping!!"I suggested with a grin.He thought for a moment.
"Well...maybe?I don't know...why do you ask?"He asked and I thought for a moment before grinning widely.
"Well we might as well use this opportunity to see you in some cute outfits!"I grinned and he blushed before looking away.
"I-I suppose it would be useful to have outfits that fit this form...especially since we don't know how long this will last..."He said his face still red.I looked at the time and it read 5:37 PM and I frowned before getting up off my bed and leading Tamaki to the kitchen as I checked the kitchen for ingredients to make anything.I frowned at the low assortment in my frigid.
"Do you mind if we just order something?"I asked and he peered in my fridge frowning himself before nodding.
"Maybe we should buy groceries also.."Tamaki suggested, his frown plastered on his face still.
"Haha!I guess so!!"I laughed before grabbing my phone."What should I order..?"I asked Tamaki and he thought for a moment.
"I guess anything.."He said sighing.It took a moment until I decided to just order from a place I frequent at, ordering—rice, chicken, salads, and sushi.Tamaki agreed and sat down on the dining chair.His feet hung and as I talked to the phone person he swung his legs, childishly.Once I was done ordering I searched for a credit card or money so I could pay the delivery guy.I sighed as I sat across from Tamaki leaning back as I sighed heavily.I glanced over to Tamaki to see his head hiding in his arms as his eyes were closed in relaxation.I smiled softly as my fingers ran through his hair.I felt his body jolt before relaxing again his head pressing against my hand like a cat.I chuckled at the behavior before I heard a bell ring.I stood up abruptly before going to the door.I talked to the delivery guy for a moment about payment before getting the two bags filled with food.I thanked the delivery guy before closing the door behind me.I saw Tamaki's eyes on me and then the food.I heard his stomach growl making me laugh.
"That hungry, huh?"I asked with a laugh, he blushed before looking away nodding.I set us up to eat and served the food on plates."Thank you for the food!"We said in unison before we started eating."Ah!Wait can you use your quirk still?"I asked and Tamaki paused before shrugging.
"Maybe?I haven't checked..."He said before looking at his hand than the food.He ate the sushi and paused again concentration growing.
"Tamaki...you don't have to push yourself.."I said as I ate a bit of my rice.He still concentrated before finally a little fin like thing poked from his finger.He panted heavily and the fin like thing disappeared quickly."Wow, the doctor wasn't lying when he said your energy was depleted.."I said and Tamaki nodded sweat falling down his face.After a moment of trying to calm his breathing he started eating again this time quicker."Tamaki slow down your going to choke,"I chuckled softly but kept my eyes on him.Tamaki swallowed slowly before relaxing on the chair that was obviously not built for his new form.The chair seemed to swallow his small body, and at this moment the clothes he wore—a plain shirt, and black shorts—didn't add anything to his skinny frame.Some variety would be good if he stays like this for long.
"I wonder what we should buy for you...."I wondered and Tamaki looked up at me before thinking.
"I guess we could get like...a sweater...maybe...we can probably also just get anything that looks good and fits.."Tamaki pondered.
"Yeah...there's no use in thinking about anything now...though it is a bit late for us to go now so how about let's go tomorr-!!"I started before I saw Tamaki fall over.I quickly caught him to see his eyes closed.I panicked shortly before realizing fairly quickly that Tamaki had passed out.
Ha...he really is....

A kid