Bonus- Özgür POV

Start from the beginning

Suddenly, I heard my voice saying these absurd things. What the hell? I tried to rouse my sloshed senses. Where the fuck did all that come from? I sat up with a start and quickly grabbed my head before it fell off my shoulders. I looked around, getting my bearings, and saw my sister clad in her robe sitting beside me on the bed.

She was staring at me with shining eyes, biting the knuckles of one hand.

I glowered at her and it all came back to me in a rush. I was at my mother’s house because Ebru had a baby. Shit. I flopped back down and threw an arm over my eyes.

“My brother is in love,” Ebru whispered in a tear clogged voice.

Wait, what?

I snorted. "I don't even know her name. Don't go getting ideas in your head. It was good sex. I would never be so idiotic as to confuse good sex with love," I mumbled. 

Something inside me twisted in protest at my words. “I don't want to talk to you about this,” I muttered when I realized that I was talking about sex with my sister. I rolled over and promptly fell asleep. 

I dreamt of dark-haired, sassy mouthed sirens. The mythical kind, the kind that led unsuspecting men to their deaths.

*******

I woke up the next day with the devil’s own marching band banging their instruments inside my head. I was violently reminded of why I never got drunk. Hangovers fucking sucked. 

Eventually, I stumbled my way into the kitchen which was blessedly empty of eagle-eyed mothers but not of nosy sisters.

“Here,” Ebru handed me a glass of water and a pain killer.

“Thanks,” I avoided her eyes and downed the pill. Snatches of drunken midnight confessions were coming back to me. Fuck my life. She would never let this go.

“Don’t you have a baby to take care of?” I said, grouchily. She handed me a cup of coffee and some toast and I immediately felt like an asshole.

“He’s finally sleeping,” she said biting her lip. Her eyes were glimmering suspiciously and she looked like she was ready to explode.

“What?” I asked warily.

“You love her! Oh, Özgür, you have to find her!” She cried.

“Shhhh! Stop screaming! If mom hears…” I looked around in horror expecting my mother to materialize out of thin air. “I don't love her. I’ve never been in love,” I scowled at her.

She began to whisper yell. "Özgür, you don’t have the flu or any other disease. You have a broken heart.”

“Ebru. Stop. I was drunk off my ass. I can’t remember half of what I said.” I tried to sound indifferent but it was hard when cymbals were crashing inside my head and my defenses were down. I sat down heavily on a barstool and she sat on the one next to me.

“First off, I’ve never seen you drunk. Second, you have never talked to me about any woman ever, and third, you only talked about her and the way she made you feel. You didn’t say one thing about her looks," she covered her mouth with her hands and blinked tears away. I scowled fiercely.

“She’s gorgeous. So what? I know a lot of gorgeous women.” Her face flashed in my mind and I swear my heartbeat faltered. My stomach also felt odd again. It had to be some kind of disorder. I was going to get a second opinion.

“You knew gorgeous women. Past tense, brother.”

“You need to stop reading all those romance books. They’re messing with your head.”