When we get there we all climb out of the car. The rain pours as we make our way to the house.

JJ's voice catches my attention as John B, Pope and I jog back over to the chateau. Ocean water dripped down my back, causing me to shiver. "Where the hell have you been?" JJ demands walking over to the three of us. He wraps a towel around my shoulders, rubbing at them.

"Surfing." I state simply.

"Yo, what the hell?" JJ questions. "You're not serious."

"We surfed the surge." I say with a smile.

"Franklin, your dad would kill you." JJ points out. He pulls off the sweatshirt he was wearing and puts it over my body, taking the towel from me.

"So? He's an anesthesiologist, he's never home anyway. What he doesn't know won't hurt him."

"Well, was it good at least?" JJ asks the three of us.

"It was fantastic!" Pope states. "Dude, Franklin killed it."

I nod.

"Alright, let's get inside." John B announces. "Pope, you should probably get home. You too, Frank."

"Right, sure." Pope says. He heads towards his truck.

John B glances at me, questioning my plan. "Oh, I'm not going home. I finally have an escape from my father."

"You're safer at home." John B states.

"Then you guys come with me."

"Franklin..."

"My dad will be at the hospital. He'll be swamped the next few days at the hospital, he won't be home. And my step mom will be doing paper work. I want you guys safe, sleep at my house."

"Fine."

JJ and John B both follow me to my car, climbing in my back seat. I drive to my house, pulling my car into the driveway.

I walk into the house, the boys following behind. Roni rushes into the foyer. "Oh my god, Franklin! Where the hell have you been?" She grips my shoulder tight, checking for any injury.

"Out, I'm fine." I tell her.

"We were safe." JJ states. "I had her."

"Good. If it happens again, Franklin Elle, you're grounded. You understand?"

"God, yes. We're going upstairs." I shake my head at her. "Come on guys."

"Franklin, I want them in the guest room."

"Fine!" I yell.

We all go upstairs, heading toward my room. I turn to the boys. "Do you guys need dry clothes? I can get some of my dads."

"You do realize your dad is super fucking tall, right?" John B says.

"Well, yes. But do you wanna drown in clothes or do you wanna freeze in wet clothes?"

They give in, taking the dry clothes I offer them. I head to my room after, laying down in my bed. I lay in bed for hours. The storm keeps me awake. The wind shakes my windows, making them rattle.

A loud clap of thunder rumbles, making me scream. My hand claps over my mouth, heart pounding. I get up from my bed, tip toeing over to the window, peering out at the storm. I look to the side just as I see the giant tree outside my house crack, falling toward the window. Another scream escapes my lips as I stumble back. I trip over my own feet, landing on the ground with a hefty thud. I scoot backward, scrambling back to the end of my bed, pressing myself against it.

I hear frantic footsteps pounding down the hallway before my door flies open. JJ appears in the doorway of my room.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to wake you." I apologize. My chest still heaves in fear, the image of the falling tree coming at me replaying in my mind.

"No, it's okay." JJ shrugs it off. "Are you okay?"

Another clap of thunder. I jump, spinning around to look out the window once again. Rain slams against the glass.

"Franklin?"

"A tree fell. It came at my window while I was looking outside, luckily it missed my window and hit the house instead."

"Okay.." JJ speaks softly. He crouches in front of me, analyzing my face.

I turn back to look at JJ. "Will you stay?" I ask him.

"Yeah." The blonde grabs my hand, gently pulling me to my feet. JJ climbs into the bed. He reaches out to me once again, holding my hand and pulling me into the bed next to him. He scoots closer to me so he's only inches away from me.

"Thank you for staying."

A smile spreads on JJ's face. "Of course ." He reaches out to brush a piece of hair out my face.

I feel a small blush creep onto my cheeks. His blue eyes locked in my own. I feeling I have never felt before creeps up in my chest.

"Go to sleep." JJ murmurs. "Its okay, princess, I got you."