-thirteen-

"And I've heard of a love that comes once in a lifetime
And I'm pretty sure that you are that love of mine

'Cause I'm in a field of dandelions
Wishing on every one that you'll be mine
And I see forever in your eyes
I feel okay when I see you smile"

-Dandelions (Ruth B.)

One of A Kind

The rising sensation of betrayal and hurt was back.

She felt her body rising through the air from the earthy ground again.

And then pause.

The small song birds didn't let a single sound escape from their tiny beaks in fear of the girl floating above with yellow and black clothing hanging on her stiff posture.

Sigh.

The silence was somewhat.. peaceful.

For a moment, she had awaited her fall. She wanted to greet death without fear.

But she thought of Cedric.

Pretty boy Diggory. 
The Golden Boy of Hufflepuff.
The Prince Charming of Hogwarts.

And she accepted her death.

As long as it would keep him safe.

Even if it's not me who would love him for this lifetime. Even if it's her. 
Whoever she might be.

Even if it hurted her whole soul and crushed her heart, as long as it would keep Cedric alive.

She closed her eyes and smiled.

And her body plummeted back to the world.

Y/N sat up from her bed. She felt hollow inside.

The nightmares kept coming. Every night from that day.

It's been several months.

She tried to be strong in front of everyone, but it was getting too much to handle.

She felt sick to her core. She didn't want anyone to know or worry on her behalf.

It was already enough to know that she was occupying Cedric's mind with worry and concern 24/7.

She knew.

He had sleepless nights as well.

Most of the Hufflepuff house knew.

The pair's hollow eyes and dark eyebags seemed to say a lot.

But Y/N was concerned for Cedric. The last task of the Triwizard Tournament was coming up.. she couldn't bear to let him participate in that state.

He smiled encouragingly to his friends and laughed at their jokes.

But Y/N saw right through those stormy gray eyes.

One night when Y/N couldn't fall asleep from fear of having the same nightmare again, she crept down to the common room.

Cedric was sitting against a wall.

The bright embers of the flames in the fireplace lit up the side of his face.

He had tears quietly flowing down his pretty face as he held on to the matching pendant for Y/N.