-chapter ten-

"You're so golden
I'm out of my head
And I know that you're scared
Because hearts get broken"

-Golden (Harry Styles)

The Incident

The morning after the night at the common room with Ced, Y/N sent Lyra to give Cedric a note to meet her at the Black Lake after classes to practice the bubble head charm.

Her cat strutted away with the note while swishing her tail up in an imperial manner with one last glance back at Y/N to show off her rich silvery eyes.

Y/N quickly got dressed in her school robes as her first class was about to start in only 2 minutes.

She picked up a note Aurelia had left on their door.

"Sorry I didn't wait, being late to potions is way too bad.. especially if Snape isn't in a good mood.. but then again, is he ever? good morning! <3

-Aurelia ;)"

Y/N smiled as she read the piece of parchment and started to run to her potions class. 

Oh no. Professor Snape would surely be dismayed.

Y/N burst into the potions classroom.

Snape looked up looking unsurprised.

"Glad you could join us for class this fine morning, Miss Y/L/N. If you wouldn't mind taking your seat."

Y/N quickly walked over to her seat next to Aurelia. 

"Still one minute left until class starts," she whispered.

"Phew, thanks for telling me," Y/N whispered back.

[ time skip ]

Y/N had finally finished all her classes and she had already alerted Aurelia that she wouldn't be joining her and Alice for the study session in the library as usual.

As Y/N was walking through the halls on her way to the Black Lake, Alexander stood in front of her and handed her a folded note.

As Y/N took it and unfolded it, she read,

"Let's change our meeting location to our spot in the forbidden forest! Wouldn't want anyone to walk in on us ;)

-Ced <3"

Y/N looked up to thank Alex for giving her the note but he was gone.

Huh. Weird.

Y/N did think the way his eyes looked glazed were quite peculiar but she shrugged it off.

She happily skipped to the forbidden forest, excited to spend even more time with Cedric.

But then her heart stopped. She felt her feet skid to a stop.

There in the snowy clearing was her aunt. No, it wasn't her aunt.

That woman was too different to be her aunt.

Her eyes no longer had that warm smile through tired eye bags. Her eyes were now replaced with a cold, bitter glare. Her defined posture, now unstable. She was wearing a dark robe with an unnecessarily large hood that would probably cover her entire head. She was holding her wand in one hand and a very intricately designed mask on the other.

The negative vibes coming from her aunt was astounding.

Y/N froze.

Why was she here? Why was her aunt here?