-three-

"Will you still love me?
When I've got nothing but my aching soul?"

-Young and Beautiful (Lana Del Rey)

The Goblet of Fire

Y/N and Aurelia were in their dorm. Both girls back into their Hufflepuff uniforms for dinner in the dining hall. Since today was the first day of the school term, Dumbledore was probably going to make an announcement and some speech as usual.

Finally, as everyone in Hufflepuff gathered in the common room, their prefect reminded them to prepare for the new first years. The Hufflepuffs walked together to their table in the dining hall as Aurelia and Y/N tried to sit somewhere they could see Alice.

"Oh I think I see her over there," Y/N told Aurelia as they both spotted Alice smiling at them from Gryffindor.

They noticed Alice was sitting next to Hermione Granger. She had medium length curly brown hair and always carried a book around with her. Their casual banter was unusual but not surprising. Y/N always thought the two had a lot in common.

Cedric was sitting amongst his spectacular group of friends as usual.

As everyone finally settled down into their seats, McGonagall entered the hall with the new first years following after her.

Y/N noticed the group looking all around the great hall with amusement and shock. She remembered when she first entered Hogwarts. The enchanted ceiling that showed a beautiful clear sky awed her like it did to many others.

After every first year was placed in their respective house, Dumbledore signaled to start eating.

There were many dishes of cooked chicken, roasted turkey, fresh salads, biscuits, jellos, sweet ice cream sundaes, and so much more on the tables.

Dumbledore started with his usual start of term announcements and reminders.

As Y/N smiled for every first year placed in the Hufflepuff house that introduced themself, Y/N felt as if something- No, someone was watching her.

Y/N looked around and suddenly a clap of thunder sounded and the door flung open. Headmaster Dumbledore paused his speech and acknowledged the new professor. Professor Alastor Moody. Apparently he was a famous auror. There were many whispers going around through the hall.

Y/N noticed the new professor looking straight back at her. He had wet, curly hair from the rain outside and his face was turned into a frown. The most noticeable thing she saw about the professor was the fake eye that seemed to be.. analyzing every little detail about her and the flask that he took a swig from every once in a while. Y/N was very unsettled by this new professor and she noticed his attention had shifted elsewhere. And that somewhere just so happened to be Harry James Potter.

Harry was only 2 years younger than Y/N and she felt sorry for him hence he was an outcast because of rumors about a prophecy he could potentially fulfill.

She could see Harry squirming uncomfortably because of the new professor's abnormal glare.

"Ahem." Dumbledore cleared his voice.

"Told you he was gonna start another speech," Aurelia said, poking at Y/N.

"The delegations from Beauxbatons and Durmstrang will be arriving at 6 o'clock on Friday the 30th of October. Lessons will end half an hour early. Students will return their bags and books to their dormitories and assemble in front of the castle to greet our guests before the Welcoming Feast." Dumbledore said loud and clear for the whole hall to hear.

Dumbledore went on in more detail about the Triwizard Tournament and she could hear the Weasley twins groaning in disappointment from the age minimum of 17.

"That's rubbish!"

Y/N observed the others in the great hall. Some seemed to consider the event for the prizes.

But most importantly, Y/N observed Cedric and his group of friends who were seemingly urging Cedric to make his decision to enter.

"Idiots." Y/N muttered under her breath. Do they not understand how dangerous the tournament is?

[ time skip ]

The day for the other students from Durmstrang and Beauxbatons had arrived.

They were sitting in the great hall as Dumbledore introduced each group. Y/N watched as the Beauxbatons performed a bit of a sing and dance with doves. That was a very contrasting to the performance of the Durmstrang students who had used staffs and fire breath.

It was very amusing. Although, Y/N didn't understand why the other students were drooling over these new students.

The Beauxbatons had joined the Ravenclaw's table as the Durmstrang students joined the Slytherin table.

Typical.

Dumbledore had prepared a huge feast as a welcome for the new students.

[ time skip ]

Y/N never thought they were being serious. But here they were. As she sat there, helpless. Cedric Diggory had entered his name into the Goblet of Fire.

Oh how she wished she could slap those dumb grins off their faces. Maybe she'd knock some sense into them as well.

But other than that, Y/N was worried for Cedric. Although his friends might not have seen it, she did. The doubt in his eyes and the growing concern taking over those bright, smiling eyes.

 The doubt in his eyes and the growing concern taking over those bright, smiling eyes

a/n: haha end- anyways we'll see how it goes