Chapter 66 | "get out"

Start from the beginning

"Thanks Yuta." She turns to look at the rest of the boys, seeing Jaemin and Jeno there, in clubbing attire along with Yuta and Mark. "What are you two doing here? I thought it was just 127 that was going with me."

"I asked them to come just incase." Taeyong said, stepping forward, clad in his mission outfit.

"What? Why?"

"Just in case something goes wrong and they need to help you out. They shouldn't recognize them since they're new. Yuta and Mark will also be in the club for backup, but this gang would know them right away."

"Taeyong we didn't talk about this. It's really dangerous."

"We'll be fine, Jihyun. We're trained for this and we promise to be careful." Jeno says with a smile. Jihyun glares at Taeyong for a moment before letting out a sigh.

"Fine. Let's go, Ten said they just arrived at the club."

Jaemin rushed forward, offering her his arm, which she gladly took, as they walked out.

"You know, you look really good." He says with red cheeks.

"Thanks Jaemin. You look nice, too." She smiled at him. He stared at her a moment before pulling her into a tight hug.

"Be careful, Hyunnie."

"Don't worry about me, I've done this plenty of times. I'll be fine." She hugged him back and then pulled away to hold him at arms length. "Don't do anything dumb. These missions can get tense but do not interfere unless Ten tells you to do so. I don't care what you see or what happens, alright?"

"Yeah yeah I'll be careful."

- - -

"Alright Jihyun, we'll be out here. Jeno and Jaemin will enter soon and Yuta and Mark will be somewhere inside too. Be careful." Taeyong instructed as they arrived.

She hopped out of the car, smiling at the boys one last time before walking to the entrance. She flashed a card at the bouncer who let her in immediately.

"Ok, he's alone and by the bar, get a drink but do not engage yet." She heard Ten speak into her ear. She slides up to the bar, seeing Yoobeom at one end. She takes a seat a few places away from him, ordering a drink and sipping it lazily.

"He sees you"

"Why hello there, what's a pretty lady like you doing all alone?" She hears a voice say next to her, turning to see Yoobeom sitting there.

"Just waiting for a man like yourself it seems." She flirts back, batting her eyes at him.

"Is that so?" She feels his hand grip onto her leg, just above her knee, causing her to momentarily tense up, but she covers it with a smile.

"So what's your name, pretty?" He whispers into her ear.

"Areum. Song Areum." She whispers back, discreetly placing the tracker near his collar before pulling away from him, a smile on her face as she extends her hand.

"Well Song Areum, my name is Yoobeom. it's a pleasure to meet you." He kisses her hand, staring at her as his grip tightens on her leg.

"Say, you seem familiar, have we met before?" her eyes slightly widen in alarm, laughing lightly and brushing some hair into her face.

"Ji, go and dance. Let him get more tipsy and watching you for a bit. Jaemin and Jeno are in now, too." Ten says into her earpiece.

"I'll be back, I'm in the mood for dancing." She says, standing up slowly, "but don't go anywhere, we're not done yet." She whispers seductively in his ear before head into to the dance floor.

She walks into the crowd, making sure to stay within Yoobeom's sight line, as she sensually sways her hips and rolls her body.

"Babygirl you better stop that."

She jumps when she hears a low voice whispering in her ear, sending shivers down her spine as she spins around.

"Jaemin!" She exclaims, seeing him standing next to her with a small smile.

"Sorry I just couldn't resist." He laughs out, nodding at her before disappearing back into the crowd.

She continues dancing, the music slowing down slightly and becoming even more sensual. Her body reacted to the change as she continued to roll her hips, well away of Yoobeom's eyes glued to her body.

She feels two hands grasp either side of her waist, pulling her back against a muscular body. She looked over her shoulder to see Jeno staring at her with dark eyes.

"Jeno, what are you doing?" She whispered out, maintaining a neutral expression despite the panic in her voice.

"Relax, Ten told us to come and make him jealous, so go with it." Jeno whispered into her ear with a smirk.

She just rolled her eyes with a small nod, continuing to dance. His hands gripped her hips tightly as the crowd pushed the two even closer together. The pair swayed together, bodies pressed up against one another as they quite literally were forced to grind on each other. Jeno ran his hands up and down the side of her waist, smiling into her neck as they danced.

Suddenly she felt the presence behind her disappear, spinning around to see that Jaemin and Jeno staring at eachother in the middle of the dance floor.

"What the fuck do you think you're doing?" Jaemin seethed out.

"Did you not hear what Ten said?" Jeno growled back quietly. No one seemed to take notice of the small disagreement, all the other people either too drunk or high to really care.

"I did which is why I came over here."

"then what's your issue?"

"Why the fuck were you touching her like that. Who do you think you are?"

"And who do you think you are, Jaemin? It's not like she's your girlfriend or anything." Jeno sneered out. "She doesn't know what she wants yet, and until she does, you have no claim on her." The two were close, growling in each other's faces as Jihyun watched in shock.

"Guys, stop it, you're going to ruin everything." She harshly whispered to them, trying to discreetly pull them apart without Yoobeom noticing. "We're on a mission, no fighting. Stay focused."

"Jihyun! Something's wrong." She hears Ten say with a panicked voice.

"What do you mean?"

"You have to get out of there now. All of Seventeen just arrived and they're all armed. I think this might be a set up."

"What?" Gunshots echoed around the club, all the guests beginning to scream and run wildly, knocking her to the ground.

She slid over to hide behind a table that had been knocked over, pulling out her knife. She peered out, looking for Jeno or Jaemin but couldn't see any of them.

"Ten? What's going on?"

"Just stay hidden for now, get out if you can. This is a setup."

She let out a huff, curling closer to the table. The gunshots suddenly stopped, a strange quiet falling over the club.

"Jihyun I'm losing your signal. Get out of there fast."

"Wait Ten." She paused waiting for his response but was only met with static. "Ten? Fuck."

She threw down her in-ear and peered from behind the table. No one was left moving in the club. As she was about to stand to make a run for it, she felt a cloth wrap around her mouth and her world fell into darkness.