one.

North Carolina was not the nicest place to be during the winter.

The forested and beautiful state became terribly cold, with wind seeping through jackets and sweaters and moving straight for the skin of anyone unlucky enough to be in a spot that wasn't blocked by a building or tree. It sort of made the idea of dressing warm rather than stylish seem very pointless, which is exactly why Sage focused more on how good she looked rather than how warm she was. The girl was dressed in a cute sweater, jacket, some loose jeans and sneakers rather than leggings, a sweatshirt, maybe a puffer jacket, multiple tight pants and boots. She made her way down the street, arms wrapping her jacket closer around her body, as if it would help at all.

Her mind was swarmed with the idea of sitting down in a nice coffee shop at a table by herself, getting out her laptop and writing quietly, optimistically wondering if she would be able to actually finally write part of a book, or even finish an assignment. Lately she had been so mentally exhausted and not present, even though she hadn't been doing anything to actually drain her. Sage just couldn't get herself to actually sit down and write anything that wasn't less than a paragraph, if that.

The brunette let out an audible sigh as she stepped into the coffee store that had quickly become her favorite in just the couple weeks she had been at college, or even in the whole state, making her way to the front to order. The coffee shop was a local business, something Sage had promised herself to start purchasing from when she had made her move from California to North Carolina. She always ended up eating at In 'N Out, Chick 'fil A, McDonalds, or other big brand names like those, simply giving into the absolute terrors that were big businesses in the current economy. She really regretted not looking for cute coffee shops and cafes while she lived in one of the most populous states.

After ordering, Sage took her coffee and sat down at a booth in the corner alone, situating herself down on the leather. She got out her laptop, opening it and typing her password in, laying out a notebook and some colored pens as well in case she decided to do college assignments instead of writing. Then, she pulled her knees to her chest, situating her heels on the leather seat, sipped some coffee and got to work.

It was less than an hour later that Sage's forehead was against her knees, the brunette fighting the urge to groan out loud at her inability to focus or produce any type of good content. She was about to let the urge overcome her when the bell above the glass door to the shop let out a soft ding, automatically catching her loose attention span. Her eyes caught on the group of four entering the shop, followed by another man carrying a camera the size of his hand, the safety strap to it wrapped around his neck. The girl's eyebrows raised in curiosity. You never really saw anybody filming publicly in Raleigh, North Carolina, and that made her even more curious, wondering what it was for.

Everyone in the group of five ordered both a drink and a small meal, sitting down with everything and getting settled. They all seemed like good friends, chatting and laughing, including one's higher-pitched giggle. Sage moved her laptop to the right angle so that she could flick her eyes from the screen to the group, not wanting to seem a stalker. She wasn't a stalker, just a very curious individual.

She watched as the assigned cameraman pulled the camera up from his neck again, angling it on one of the boy's faces and making sure everything kept steady and went smooth. Their personalities amplified by a little bit with the lens pointed to their face, but yet somehow stayed genuine with their smiles and joy. It was odd, seeing people so happy - especially after going to college and seeing nothing but people stressed with assignments and exams, a permanent frown etched on their face. It was a good change, and almost made Sage want to smile herself.

Deciding to finally take her eyes off of the group and get back to what she had been doing before, Sage placed her fingers back on the keyboard of her laptop, starting to type yet again, surged with new energy after seeing the happiness on the other peoples' faces.