четыре

chapter four . . . THE BOAT
❝ im multi-tasking! ❞

"NEED A MEDIC?"

A soft chuckle left Sam Wilson as the infamous Steve Rogers, more widely known as Captain America, walked towards him, barely even out of breath. It completely baffled the man collapsed against a tree how this man wasn't even sweating and had just ran the same track as him almost three times faster. Just trying to keep up with Steve for part of the run had knocked Sam's lungs out. The Captain placed his hands on his hips, standing on the grass. 

The sun had risen since the start of Sam's walk, the different shades of purple, pinks and blues fading into a soft baby blue that painted the landscape of the sky and the city had began to come to life as the residents headed off to work and tourists started their day of sight seeing. 

"I need a new set of lungs." Sam heaves, gripping his aching stomach. "Dude, you just ran, like, thirteen miles in thirty minutes." Steve shook his head ever so slightly, squinting out over the park that he'd just run around. 

Shrugging a little, "I guess I got a late start."

"Really?" Sam chuckled, his ribs and lungs burning from the workout. "You should be ashamed of yourself. You should take another lap." Spring had begun to break over Washington D.C., it meant that you could break out the shorts and start wearing less layers to keep warm. More money income and nicer weather. The Winters in D.C. weren't always that hot but they had dreary weather with snow sometimes but mostly just rain. It was still a cold morning though, the Winter slowly fading from February into March. "Did you just take it? I assume you just took it." Sam joked after a moment of silence between the two men.

"What unit you with?" Steve asked. 

Sam looked up at him, "58th Pararescue. But now I'm working down at the VA." He raised his left arm for the super solider to help him to his feet, completely shattered from the run. "Sam Wilson."

"Steve Rogers." He took Sam's hand and lifted him from the grass, onto his feet with little to no effort. 

Sam had put that together a long time ago, especially when he recognised the Captain's face and the extraordinary speed he was running at, "I kind of put that together." He placed his hands on his knees and tried to catch his breath, just standing up right had knocked his lungs out the bucket. "Must've freaked you out, come home after the whole defrosting thing."