eleven

chapter eleven . . . A SAFE PLACE
❝ why didn't you say anything? ❞

ALEXANDER PIERCE WALKED TOWARDS HIS KITCHEN. 

He'd gotten word from his soldiers in Wheaton, New Jersey about the escape of Steve Rogers, Natasha Romanoff and Plan B. Rumlow and Warwick had been taken out by Plan B, she'd beaten them to a pulp and disappeared before anyone could get to her. He'd bee angry when he'd heard that she'd escaped. Pierce is unsure how Dreykov will react to the news that his greatest weapon has been let free, into the world. Plan B has always had a special place in HYDRA and especially the Red Room academy. She's the child of the best assets to both organisations and had dragged them together in the interest of it. 

Pierce had been truly amazed when he'd found out about Plan B, she was a miracle born into his hands. He'd had her right under his thumb until he didn't and he'd managed to keep the news of her escape hidden from Dreykov, who would surely be angered that she'd gotten away. HYDRA and the Red Room are two entirely different things, but Plan B had a place in both, a foot in both worlds and she didn't even know it. The girl was said to be almost as good as Natalia Romanova herself. Pierce and Dreykov both knew she was better, in so many different ways. Plan B is better then her mother, both leaders knew that. 

He pulled his fridge open, thinking up a way to tell Dreykov about Plan B's escape. Pierce understood that they now had to go to extreme measures to find her, to find Steve and Natasha before years and years of work was dumped into the world and they're destroyed. When Pierce turns around, placing a carton of milk on the surface behind him, he's slightly shocked to see the Asset sat at his dining table, metal arm laid on the wooden top and other hand over his lap. Darkness covered the entirety of his face, except for a beam of moonlight that lit his ocean eyes. 

It was slightly scary, finding him sat there. 

"I'm going to go, Mister Pierce." Renata, Pierce's maid, called from down the corridor. The Asset lifted his head a little, not expecting company. "You need anything before I leave?"

"No -- uh, it's fine, Renata, you can go home." Pierce speaks, clearing his throat during his words. She nodded and pulled her bag over her shoulder, wishing him goodnight before leaving. Silence blanketed the Asset and Superior for a second, "Want some milk?" Pierce turned around, not scared to turn his back to the Soldier and pulls a glass from the cupboard.