•Chapter 3

[Edited by @KbaeStar]
⚠️Past abuse and cussing⚠️

_________________________

A few kids gasped about a Black being here. Their family was evil and manipulative. They where all also known to be Slytherins. James gently shoved Sirius forward and Sirius walked up to the hat. 

On the outside he looked confident and almost cocky while inside he was extremely nervous.

"Slytherin, Slytherin, Slytherin." Sirius chanted in his head as the hat was placed on his head.

"Ahh another Black. You, you aren't like the others though. You are very different. You don't truly want to be a Slytherin. Your heart, bravery, and loyalty all make you a..." the Sorting hat then yelled loudly "GRYFFINDOR!" shocking everyone, gasps could be heard all across the dining hall.

The sorting hat was then taken off of Sirius's head and he got off of the stool and walked over to the table with the Lion. Once again, he looked calm and collected on the outside but in his mind he was thinking of all the ways his mother would abuse him. By now he had sat down at the table and spaced out. McGonagall saying a name snapped him out of it though.

"Remus Lupin." She said as Remus walked forward. She then placed the hat on Remus's head.

"Remus Lupin... you have many traits. The brains of a Ravenclaw, the kindness of a Hufflepuff, but the loyalty and bravery of a... Gryffindor!!!" The sorting hat yelled making Remus grin. Remus quickly got off of the stool and walked over to the Gryffindor table. He sat infront of Sirius.

"All we need is James left and then we can have the whole team." Remus chuckled making Sirius smile.

"Yah, lets hope he gets into Gryffindor too." Sirius said while looking up at the people getting sorted.

After a minute, "James Potter" was called. 

Before the hat could even touch James's head it yelled "GRYFFINDOR!" making James smile and the rest if the Gryffindor house cheer. James quickly sat down next to Sirius with a smile.

"I wonder if we will be in the same dorm room? That would be cool!" James said, smiling ear to ear.

"That would be brilliant." Remus agreed, Sirius nodded. Just then Dumbledore spoke and gave his speech. After the speech he waved his hand and said his magic words, the feast appeared. All of the Muggle board first years gasped as everyone else dug in.

James and Remus talked quite a bit, Sirius not paying much attention. His brain was still making up ideas of how his mother would punish him for being in Gryffindor, Slytherin's enemy house.

"Irius, Sirius!" James said while waving his hand infront of Sirius's face.

"Huh? What?" Sirius asked while looking at James, snapping out of his daze.

"You haven't touched any food. You need to eat, we are going to the dorms soon." James said looking and sounding concerned.

"I'm fine, just not hungry." Sirius replied making James glance over at Remus, silently asking for help.

"Could you at least eat an apple?" Remus asked making Sirius look towards him.

Remus picked up an apple and handed it to Sirius. "Please?" He asked again, this time with puppy dog eyes.

"Fine." Sirius said with a sigh as he took the apple and took a bite. Remus and James smiled, and continued to eat as well.

After everyone was done a Gryffindor Prefect led everyone to the Gryffindor common room.

"What's the password?" A painting of a lady asked the Prefect.

"Quidditch." The Prefect said making the portrait swing open.

"Remember that everyone, you will need that to get back into the common room." A different Prefect said before everyone piled into the common room. Once they got into the room, they where split, girls and boys. They where then told to look for their names on the door of the room and get settled. Lights out in an hour. So the three went on a search for their room.

"Remus! Sirius! Come here!" James yelled while waving them both over.

"What is it?" Remus asked while he and Sirius walked over towards James.

"We are all in the room together, along with some kid names Peter Pettigrew?" James stated while reading the final name on the door.

"Who is Peter Pettigrew?" Sirius asked with a raised brow.

"Um, I'm Peter Pettigrew." Someone squeaked from behind them making them all turn around.

"Well its nice to meet you Peter, I'm James, this is Remus, and this is Sirius." James introduced everyone before opening the room door and walking inside.

"Woah." James said while looking around their room. It has four four poster beds, four nightstands next to the beds, two medium sized closets and a bathroom. Also everything was red and gold.

"I call this bed!" James said as he flopped down onto the bed that was to the right of the door, the second closest bed to the window.

"I'll take this one." Remus said while sitting down onto the bed to the left of James bed, the second closest to the bathroom.

"I'll use this one." Peter said while laying down onto the bed closets to the window.

"And I'll take this one." Sirius muttered while putting his trunk onto the bed closest to the bathroom.

While Sirius and Remus unpacked, Peter fell asleep still in his robes and James stared outside the window. Taking in the beautiful view. After Sirius and Remus where done Sirius grabbed his clothes and went to the bathroom to take a shower.

Remus moved next to James. "We need to find a way to get him to Madam Pomphrey. She might be able to heal him slightly." Remus stated while looking up at the inky night sky.

"Yah, I just don't know how to yet." James sighed. After that they fell into a comfortable silence.

Soon Sirius walked out of the bathroom and saw the two looking outside. He thought about joining them but decided against it, instead going to bed and falling asleep. Remus soon got up and went to bed himself. And after a few more minutes James went to bed as well.

__________________________________

1,027 Words! I hope you have an amazing day/night! Love you all!! Stay safe!!!💖💖💖