Chapter 12 - Absent Attendance

On a Monday morning, nothing was unusual for class 3A. It was the regular time for homeroom as each student entered the class and took a seat, talking to some of their classmates or getting out their stuff to get ready for the day.

Momo was, like any other school day, sitting in her own seat. She had her school materials out such as her as her agenda and pencil case. She had a pencil in hand, ready to take note of any important information Mr Aizawa were to give.

As the class filled up, and three seats remained empty as usual, it wasn't long until the teacher walked in themselves. As he did, everyone went quiet. All students had respect for the teacher, as well as being slightly terrified by how his hair would move suddenly when he was mad or his eyes seemed a little red a couple of times.

It was claimed to be rumours that the tired professor of the class was crazy, though he really was kind. The little bits and parts that made people think he was actually crazy must be simple misunderstood illusions seen by the students, then spread into lies going around the school.

Mr Aizawa made his way to the front desk as he folded his papers neatly on the wooden surface. He cleared his throat as he got ready to call out names for the usual morning call.

"Bakugou?" Aizawa called in a monotone voice. The usually angered blonde sneered as he raised his hand, putting I down quickly after the teacher's approval.

"Asui?" The teacher called.

"Present." A small frog-like voice answered. The chain kept on going.

"Midoriya?",

"I am here!".

"Ashido?",

"Here!".

"Mineta?",

"Present.".

"Uraraka?,

"Here!".

"Hagakure?",

"Here!".

The teacher paused, looking at the paper. Momo sighed as she probably imagined her name showed up next. Her family name was a little confusing to pronounce, even if someone had known her for a while.

"Yaoyorozu?" Aizawa asked hesitantly, though confidence reigned his facial expression as it seemed completely unbothered. Momo raised her hand elegantly.

"Present." The girl answered. Aizawa sighed, ticking off the name with his pen like he had done with every single previous name.

"Denki?".

No answer.

"Ashido?".

No answer.

Aizawa's hand aggressively gripped the pen as he groaned angrily. These two always skipped class along with their purple-haired friend. In all honesty, Momo didn't know why he even bothered to call the three during class attendance call.

The teacher sighed. He didn't know why he was calling the names himself either. It was like he was hoping for this factor to one day change.

"Jirou?" Aizawa called in disinterest.

No Answer.

"Kyouka Jirou?" Aizawa tried again. Another silence reigned the classroom. The black-haired teacher rubbed his temples, frustrated. He slammed the wooden desk with his fists with anger, as if he was completely loosing it. "Has anyone seen these three?! It's been months since they stopped showing up to the damn class!".

All the students in the room seemed frightened or uncomfortable. Momo was a little shocked herself. Students started to look at each other with worry or fear. Though it didn't last long when a voice called from the entrance of the classroom.

"I'm here.". It was none other than the purple-haired girl herself, Kyouka Jirou. The classroom door was open and she was leaning against the doorframe, her bag slung over her shoulder.

Momo's eyes widened. From what it seemed like, she was actually wearing her uniform, though she had wrapped the blouse around her waist and her red tie was not exactly put on properly, as well as her shirt collar being undone (kind of like Bakugou's). Her green pleated skirt had a little chain hanging on the side, kind of like the ones of a black pair of jeans. Of course, it was irrelevant to assume she hadn't added her on touch to her outfit. Though she was stuck wearing the school uniform, she had completely changed her socks and shoes. Jirou was wearing mismatched knee-high black and white socks, which hand two stripes of the opposite colour on the top part with large high-heeled lace up black boots.

As the girl leaned on the doorframe, she crossed her arms, he facial expression being as smug as ever. There was a silence as the students in the class watched her and Mr Aizawa took time to process what was going on. He almost just ripped out his own hair because the troublemakers wouldn't attend class, but he wasn't expecting one of their returns to be today.

Jirou raised on of her eyebrows as her other own scrunched downwards. She looked at the teacher.

"Yeah? I'm here? Big deal." Jirou commented sarcastically. She rolled her eyes and stopped leaning on the doorframe as she casually headed to her seat on the second row behind Mezou Shouji.

Aizawa was too exhausted to yell at the moment. He gave the girl a good long glare before he resumed to class attendance call. He could deal with problem children later.