Chapter ∞ Twenty Three

*Maddie's POV*

The next day Michael called me after I just had lunch with my dad. He asked me if I wanted to come over today but I said I couldn't because my dad was home for once. It was monday and very unusual that he was actually spending time with me but he got a day off after all these years.
After Michael hung up with quite a sad tone in his voice, I did the dishes while dad cleaned up the table. Just a few seconds after we were both done the doorbell rang and we looked at each other.

"Well I'm not expecting anyone." I said and shrugged.

"Me neither, let's look who it is." dad shrugged and walked to the door while I followed him. He stepped aside in front of the door and nodded at it, telling me to open it and I did.

"Surprise, surprise!" Michael smiled at me and embraced me. Only as he let go of me I noticed the three other boys behind him, smiling like idiots which made me laugh.

"Hey guys what are you doing here?" I asked them.

"Well we thought since we're best friends it would be a good idea to finally meet your dad." Ashton said as he hugged me as well.

"Michael told us that you're spending time with your dad and we thought we'd stop by and introduce ourselves." Calum added and hugged me too.

"Well that's hella sweet of you, thanks." I said just before Luke put his arms around me now.

"I hope we're not interrupting you." Ash said in the back.

"No you aren't. If you want to, you can come in." I said and they did as I said. I closed the door and as I turned around Ash and Cal were already introducing themselves while Luke and Mikey stood behind them, smiling. My dad looked really happy to meet them and they talked for a while till it was Michael's turn. He looked kinda nervous even though he already met my dad so I walked over to him and took his left hand into my right.

"Hi again." Michael said, smiling shyly while shaking my dad's hand.

"We've met before but I haven't introduced myself yet. I'm Derek and you better be nice to Maddie or I won't be as nice as I am right now in the future." dad said and Michael looked a bit scared.

"Dad please shut up. And by the way, Michael is actually my boyfriend now." I said and looked at Michael. He did the same and we both smiled at each other.

"Well, it's the truth. You better not break her heart mister." my dad said, pointing at Michael and I couldn't hold back a giggle. Michael just nodded at him and stepped aside so Luke could say hi now. But before he could say anything, my dad put his hands on Luke's shoulders and looked him up and down.

"Damn boy you grew up so much. And it definitely did you good. It's nice to see you again." he smiled at Luke and hugged him. Luke looked surprised at first but hugged him back anyway.

"It's nice to see you too Derek." Luke said as they both leaned back again and smiled.

"How have you been all these years?"

"Pretty good. We came quite far with our band." Luke answered and smiled.

"Oh yeah, 5SOS right? I've heard of you guys but I never really got that you were in it." my dad said and giggled.

"Well I kinda changed a lot so it doesn't surprise me." Luke said and smiled.

"You didn't change that much. You're still the same little boy just with a deeper voice and a better hairstyle." I said and chuckled.

"Oh so you think I wasn't hot back when we were friends?"

"You really weren't, you can't deny it." Calum helped me.

"Wow what nice friends I have." Luke joked and we all laughed.
For the next few hours we all just sat on the couch in the living room talking, except for Michael and me. We had to sit on the floor because the couch was too small for all of us. Michael was sitting behind me, his legs on each side of me and his arms around my waist. The guys and my dad were currently talking about I don't even know what and it was so fucking boring so I leaned my head back so it was on Michael's shoulder. I guess he wasn't listening either because he suddenly snuggled his head into my neck and then left a kiss there.

"Are you bored?" he asked me as he looked at me. I turned my head to look at him and nodded.
"I know what we could do." he said and smirked.

"And what would that be?" I asked curiously.

"It would be awkward to do it in front of the others, let's go somewhere more private." he said, standing up and pulling me up with him.

"We're gonna grab some drinks." I explained to the others who weren't really paying attention and then Michael and I walked into the kitchen, Michael closing the door behind us.

"So wha-" I started but before I could finish my question Michael walked over to me, put his hands on my hips and pressed his soft lips onto mine. He slowly pushed forward so I had to walk backwards, never breaking up our kiss. Soon I bumped into the kitchen counter and Michael picked me up and put me on top of it. He was standing between my legs, our lips still moving in sync. I put my hands around his neck to bring him even closer to me.

"So you just wanted to make out?" I asked as we separated for a few seconds to get some air.

"Yup." he said and smirked before kissing me again. And damn, it felt so fucking good.

"Oh so that's how you 'grab some drinks'?" Calum said as he suddenly walked into the kitchen. I looked down and felt my cheeks heat up while Michael just shrugged. I hopped off the kitchen counter and wanted to walk back to the living room but Michael grabbed my wrist, spun me around and pressed his lips onto mine once again. Then he let go of me while smiling and we both walked back to where the others were. They were all staring at us so I bet Calum told them what we'd been doing.

"I love that you two finally got together and stuff but still thanks for not making out in front of us. That's actual friendship goals." Ashton said as we sat down on the floor again.

"Well we try our best not to disgust you guys." Michael joked and we all giggled.