Chapter 1

Anastasia's POV

I was standing by the window when Angie came into my room.

"You are up early." She plopped on my bed and grinned at me.

"I'm sleep deprived." I walked back and sat next to her. "What?" A grim look marred her face and she was scrutinizing me closely.

"Did you forget to turn on your lights last night?" Angie inquired and I shook my head in negative. "Did you-"

"It's workload." I sighed. "The designs for the new launch kept me up all night." Her expressions stayed the same. "I'm telling the truth."

"I don't find your innocent face convincing enough." Angie got up. "I have made breakfast. Come quickly."

"Nat left?" I asked and Angie nodded. "I better get ready then."

She left and I went to the bathroom to the bathroom.

I changed and gathered my stuff. I checked my bag, wore my shoes, and stood in front of the mirror.

"That's a lot of change," I muttered at my reflection.

A redhead, brown-eyed, and five-five woman with a healthy figure was staring back instead of that little girl.

I put in a lot of effort to maintain these curves.

I looked mature and more feminine now. My complexion was healthier as well.

Everything changed except for the occasional dark circles due to insufficient sleep.

"That's the only constant thing," I said breathily.

I was not conscious of my looks much but I made sure I looked appropriate and presentable. I worked for a leading fashion brand, The Allure.

I breathed out and left my room. Angie was already sitting at the dining table and was furiously going through her file. She was working at DS-con, a well-known media house.

I met Angie at the university and we ended up best friends for life. She was extremely social and outspoken. Angie looked pretentious at first glance but she was a genuine person at heart. She would do anything for her loved ones.

Angie belonged to an affluent family but she pursued her dreams. Her parents were not happy with her decisions but she remained adamant.

Angie has one brother, Scott. He was older than her by a year.

We have one more mutual friend, Natalie Flores. She was working at The Moonlight Hotel as a manager. Her parents are doctors and she is an only child.

Nat was the exact opposite of Angie. She never minded anyone unless someone got on her nerves first.

Angie was fair-skinned like me. She was auburn-haired and hazel-eyed. Angie was tallest among us, five feet seven.

Nat was olive-toned, has baby blue eyes and golden-brown hair. Her figure was toned and she was the same height as me.

We moved into this apartment six months ago and the decision was extremely spontaneous.

"Laurel called yesterday," Angie informed me when I sat down. "You have not been answering her calls?" She glanced at me briefly. "You didn't fight with her again, did you?" I just buttered my toast silently. "Ana?"

"I don't fight with her, Angie." Her brow shot up at my offensive tone. "Can we not talk about this first thing in the morning? I don't want to ruin my day."

"Call her." Angie pressed. "You haven't gone back ever since you moved here and you stopped her from visiting suddenly." I kept my eyes on my plate.

It's been ten years already!