𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕹𝖎𝖓𝖊𝖙𝖊𝖊𝖓 - 𝕴'𝖒 𝖋𝖆𝖉𝖊𝖉

Start from the beginning

'I know that you're gonna have it your way or nothing at all' Ariel returned his amused gaze, this time with a cheeky smile of her own.

Snapping their fingers to the rhythm, sometimes deepening or heightening their voices when unnecessary - but still comical and entertaining in its own way. They continued to goof off. Making gestures. Moving their shoulders. Making each other feel dependent on completing each others ambience.

They both ended their humorous performance. "But I think you're moving too fast.". Trollex did a 'snake-like' movement with his hand at the end of his note while leaning forward along with Ariel. Both staring each other down.

They both held in a breath.

They couldn't hold their seriousness much longer and laughed.

"Get outta here girl! You listen to TLC?" Trollex asked quizically while teasingly giving her arm a light punch before leaning against his chair while crossing his arms.

Ariel mockingly scoffed, and hand over her heart. "Know? I grew up with TLC my whole life! It's important to respect the classics~" She winked and comically sang the last word of her sentence.

Trollex nodded immediately, already getting hooked into the conversation.

He raised his hands in a surrender ambience while closing his eyes before speaking. "Nah, I get you completely. Just because I got a legacy that I'm always there to represent, it doesn't necessarily mean I don't think other genres are special in their own way too. That's why I love to hear other music."

Trollex began to stutter on his words, now realising how much he was saying. "Uh- You know...If Imma be honest, It can get really repetitive when you get too attached to something you already know so much about. I personally think it's better to just... experience other things that have different meaning too."

He shrugged before continued. "The world can really learn a lot from a different perspective. You know what I mean?"

Ariel gazed at him in awe. He was an artist. He was a talented artist. He knew everything about his own music, but he was curious enough to learn about other music. But he had something that she found was completely rare in other people.

Empathy.

His heart was too full of it.

She adored it.

She adored him.

"You really are an artist..." she spoke with envy and awe laced in her voice, a blush crept on her cheeks. Trollex shifted his attention towards her, something about her words tugged on his heartstrings.

He laughed nervously, a cute humble smile on his face. "Hey now, I'm just spitting straight facts. Nothing too out of water for my taste." A breath was let out before he tenderly thanked her. "But, thank you."

Ariel smiled, nodding welcomingly. She knew he had aspirations. He could see the future and didn't look back in the past. What seemed to be so simple never occurred to her so easily. She was so fond of that.

"Oh, you really don't give yourself enough credit, Lex! I'm not lying when I say it. You aren't the Techno reef's fearless and tender-loving leader for nothing. You have so many aspirations it's no wonder so many people look up to you!"

Trollex just stared at her.

She couldn't tell.

At least not for the split second. The very second that Trollex chooses to be observant at the right time.

She was raising her voice.

Excitedly.

She was excited!

His heart was beckoning to leap out of his chest. He shook his head at Ariel in amazement, at how far she has progressed with talking. How she was lighting up. Much more than any distant spotlight he could find and order. It could never compare to the view that was enough to reflect stars in his eyes. One could mistake his view from the galaxy, that he was staring at a big ball of gas from half the distance away. But would they both incredibly wrong.

Ariel noticed his silence and felt slightly recoil. "Hey, uh. Trollex? You look a little occupied. Are you alright?" She shyly waved a hand over his face. He shot back up.

'Man, this girl gets me distracted every time.' He chuckled to himself and his thoughts.

'I ain't complaining, though' he mentally smirked.

He shook his head.

"I'm fine. Just me getting lost in thought."

After what had happened back at the palace, Ariel couldn't help but grow worried for one of her closet companions. He looked so fragile, so incomplete. Not even her warmth or shape was enough to mould his thoughts at that moment. She feared there would come a day she would see worse. She mentally braced herself for future reference, before attempting to lighten up the mood.

"Well if anything at all is troubling you, don't hesitate to talk to the biggest TLC fan you've ever met~" She leaned closer with a friendly smile.

It was shy.

Her smiles were always shy.

No matter how loud she would attempt to speak, it always sounded shy. But in some way, he loved that. She was like a calming drug for him.

In a less... intoxicating, and unhealthy way.

Trollex threw a smile on his face, sensing mischief, before then pointing his index finger towards Ariel's direction. "First of all, don't even try me. You don't wanna go there."

Ariel chuckled at him.

"And second, nothing's wrong." Trollex shrugged leaning back into his chair.

"In fact, everything is just the way I wanted it to be."

He settled further into his chair and closed his eyes lazily while sighing to himself. "Just smooth sailin', ain't nothin gonna ruin my night~"

She giggled, a hand covering her mouth in an attempt to calm her laughter. He looked content, and that was good enough for her. She sat up and put one hand over the other as she gazed around.

Her heart sank when she was once again met with eyes she never wanted to see.