four!

*°࿐
━━004,
how come no one told me? being so lonely, feels so lonely!

The sharp silence that looked over the Airoldi household was cold, but it was welcomed with warmth by Adalaine

The sharp silence that looked over the Airoldi household was cold, but it was welcomed with warmth by Adalaine. She had been so desperate, almost yearning for a brief moment to think about her own future. But alas, if there was one thing that defined Adalaine's life, it was that she thought about everybody but herself. Every time an opportunity arose for her to focus on herself, it would either be close to two in the morning, where her brain couldn't even function properly for such thoughts, or the front door would slam shut on her brain, anything that was swimming in there, sinking to the ground and enveloped by a cold air of nothingness. And then she lost that thought, and her mind drifted back to ensuring happiness for her mother, something she always failed to do. She wasn't even sure what the event was, but she didn't care! The house was all to herself, and any burden of stress and anxiety had lifted━━even if it would be for an hour or two. She'd take anything.

Her laptop was filled with multiple tabs, a new college on each one. A google doc was also opened; as she studied and researched, the pros and cons of the university would be listed.

How far away from Kildare was it? Price? Affordable housing during summer? What programs did they excel at?

Those were the top questions that littered her mind as she continued searching. Her grandparents (may they rest in peace) were some of the kindest people Adalaine has ever known. Maybe it was because they felt sorry that their daughter was not-so-kind, or that her father left two young kids alone with not a word. Whatever the reason was, they created a college fund for Adalaine and Beau, that only they could touch when they turned eighteen. It was by far, the most generous gesture anyone had ever done for her. She wished she could go back in time and thank them immensely, but unfortunately for Adalaine, they died just over a year ago, never giving her the chance.

Now Beau, who had just graduated from high school and turned eighteen, never even attempted to apply to college. But, he has access to all of his money, spending it on stupid shit like a fucking boat, instead of a proper education. God, Adalaine was almost jealous of him, for he had the opportunity to leave and never turn back! But no, he stays on the toxic island with his terrible friends, and Adalaine would be dealing with his repercussions for at least another two years.

"Adalaine! Open the fucking door!" her brother shouts from the hallway, startling her. Quickly she closes her laptop and stands. Just as she's about to open the door, he pounds his fist on the door, causing her to jump back. The young Airoldi didn't want to open the door, terrified of what he might do. But it'd be just as bad if she ignored him.

Slowly and hesitantly, she unlocks the door and widens it. Beau pushes past her and starts pacing the room. "What do you want?"

"I need you to give me fucking money, okay? We've been through this!"