"I'll leave you to get ready" Elijah said moving to close the door behind him. Before she could stop herself, Bonnie asked the question she'd been dying to know for the last few hours.

"Why are you helping me?" She asked Elijah, making him stop in the doorway. He looked back at her, a small smile playing on his lips.

"It seems we've grown rather fond of you" he told her gently, his voice low as he took a step towards her. "You have a way of burrowing yourself into people's hearts Bonnie, my family is no exception" Bonnie smiled at him softly, unsure of what to say. Still smiling at her, he walked out, leaving her to think on his kind words. She couldn't help the smile on her lips.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Callon watched as Lucy walked out of the gas station, a smile on her lips as she showed him beef jerky. The older being had to try and suppress a smile at the sight, it seemed he was smiling more and more around her.

"Okay we're about 2-3 hours out but it should fly by" Lucy said as she threw a water bottle towards him. He nodded his thanks to her as he unscrewed it, taking a swig.

"Is she still 'texting' you?" He asked still unused to the term. It's true he'd been back and forth from this realm to his own but that didn't mean he'd ever grow accustom to what the humans were able to do, and it wasn't as if he'd let anyone close.

"No, she hasn't text me since last night" Lucy said frowning down at her phone. She wouldn't deny she was worried about her cousin, Bonnie already had a habit of getting herself into trouble, even before all this happened.

"Didn't you say she would be busy?" He asked her, seeing the small frown on her face and knowing where her train of thought would be going. Lucy nodded at him softly as she put her phone in her back pocket.

"Yea you're right, she was at a party, she probably just has a hangover" Lucy said as they got into the car. The tall brunette was still worried but tried to shrug it off, smiling as she offered him beef jerky.

"A hangover?" Callon asked as he accepted a piece gratefully. Lucy chuckles softly as she nodded, unsure of how he was over 1,000 years older than her but still didn't know what a hangover was.

"Yea you know when you drink too much alcohol and wake up with a headache and throwing up" she explained, her voice light with amusement as she thought of her cousin in that predicament. Callon frowned at her description.

"Alcohol? Like Ale?" He asked, trying to understand what she was saying. At her nod he knit his eyebrows together. "We do not have that in Firilanid" he said making her eyes widen.

"No hangovers?" She asked in wonder, the surprise in her voice making him chuckle lightly as he shook his head. Sitting back she looked out at the road wide eyed.

"I hadn't even known what they were before now" he told her, glad he'd finally told her something that she seemed to like. His chest filling with something he hadn't felt in a long time.

"That's freaking awesome" she said softly as she sat back, the smile not leaving her face, though it grew softer. Turning to him she sighed, bending her legs to bring her feet under herself. "What's it like?" She asked softly.

Callon turned to her in confusion. She had been so focused on Bonnie, and getting to Bonnie that she completely disregarded Firilanid. As if following his train of thought she chuckled.

"I know, I haven't really been the most open about it, but I am curious" she told him, the light smile on her face turning to a soft frown. "It's just all a little hard to believe" she muttered, her voice low. Callon nodded at her words, taking them in with consideration.