Prologue

Hajime's POV:

Here I was. Standing at the gates to my new life. I clenched my fists. Hope's Peak Academy. If I was brutally honest, the sight wasn't too bad for an Academy. Although this was probably one of the top schools, I didn't expect it to look substantial from the start. This is where my new life would begin. Though something feels eerie. Like a hurricane of anxiety had swept over me. Sweat began to roll down the side of my face. I can't move. I started to panic, I wanted to yell, scream, do anything! Unfortunately, I was completely immobilized. Then it hit me. My ears started to ring, my head was in agony. I couldn't move an inch. My vision started to dim. Then it cut to black. It happened all too fast.

(Since we all know hopefully the whole introduction I'm going to jump right into the main story.)

"Hey..."

.....

"Can you hear me...?"

Still tranquillity.

"Are you okay?"

The ringing came back to my ears. My eyelids gently opened, my gaze wandered to someone staring over me. Geez, a little close there. I groaned vaguely moving my head.

"You seem pretty out of it."

I opened my mouth to speak, but it was pretty dry. I also didn't want any pain to come back in my head. I was too focused on my lack of vocabulary, and the drought in my throat I wasn't paying any sort of heed to what he was saying,

"To be honest-- I"m- no. Everyone feels the same too."

My optics fixated on the beach surrounding us. Where.. are we?

"Since we suddenly got put in this weird position."

My mind started going wild until everything went fuzzy again. I couldn't even recollect what had happened before any of this. The only thing I could recall was my first day at Hope's Peak Academy... Why was I here though?

"Hey, are you listening?"

"Huh..?" My voice was raspy, my eyes averted back to a boy with white or grey hair. It was hard to tell from my angle. He carefully took one fluid motion backwards, giving me space to pull myself up off the ground. I heard him remark something inaudible as he stepped back. I glared back at him, indicating his remark made me more than annoyed, only assuming it was towards me. However, he only had a look of concern written on his face. I stretched out before contemplating to communicate with him. I sighed, I sauntered towards him.

"Hey, are you sure you're okay?" he asked, worry filling his voice. Now that I could apprehend what he was saying, his voice actually sounded... melodic, pleasant if you would. Wait what?? what was I even saying? I jerked my head towards him. I suddenly felt a hinge of annoyance. "Leave me alone," I said coldly. He seemed to be a bit taken back by my words. The boy took a stride towards me even more worrisome than before.  "Th-there's no way I can leave someone alone when they look that pale..."

I ignored him, the guy seemed exasperating already. I was fine. I don't have a pale face. Or do I? I shook it off. No way in hell I did. My gaze was towards the crystal ocean, the nice sands. I had to admit it was peaceful here. It was still and calm. There was a slight breeze in my face, but it was cancelled out with the sunshine, it was so warm and sunny here. Half of me wanted to believe this was a dream... Half of me didn't. I still wondered; weren't we supposed to be at Hope's Peak. I was the first to speak after the awkward silence. "Didn't that weird rabbit thing say we were on a tropical island?" I asked, crossing my arms.

I abruptly felt a brush against my backside. He was way closer than I wanted him to be. In fact, I honestly wanted him far from me. Sweat drizzled from my forehead. God does this guy not know anything about personal space?! He spoke up, "Yeah, You're correct." An Awkward standstill again. I nudged my elbow into his stomach. He didn't seem to take the hint though, he just stood there. I decided to move forward if he wasn't going to move backwards. My teeth clenched. I was rather uncomfortable by his presence. "Well... Why don't we start with an introduction?" He asked politely. Innocence was plastered all over his face. Though something seemed out of place.

"Hm?" I asked with hesitance. He walked around me to meet my face. "I'm Nagito Komaeda, it's a pleasure to meet you." That same smile was stuck on his face. "I'm the Ultimate Lucky Student... Although Luck isn't really a talent is it?" He chuckled to himself. I wasn't having any of it. "Hajime Hinata," I said sternly. "Also, how is Luck disappointing?" I asked, It didn't seem like a bad talent in my opinion. "Sometimes you can just get too lucky with things." His face promptly formed into a dark, and cold one. I trembled back from him. "Anyways.." He rested his face In the cups of his hands. "What is your ultimate talent, Hajime?" Komaeda seemed pretty relaxed after a few moments. This guy seemed absurd.

My mind went blank. What is my ultimate talent..? My eyes only stared back into his. I had forgotten my own talent. My heart started to race after his sugar-coated words. "Something wrong?" Komaeda questioned innocently. "I.. uh.." My nose twitched, this could be super embarrassing. "I forgot my talent... I guess.." My voice sunk under my breath in hopes he wouldn't hear my words, oh but he did. Fortunately for him, he heard me. "Forgot your talent huh?" his comment felt more mocking than I thought it would be. "h-Hey! I bet it's something better than Luck!" I spat.

"You're probably right. A talent like mine is pretty much useless." He smirked at me, but soon it faded. It was like before, his expression was ghastly, scary to say. His lips curled into a large, and appalling smirk. "I guess I was lucky enough to be picked as an Ultimate, My talent is useless, I'm useless. I'm just trash that doesn't-" I cut him off. "Yeah, yeah, whatever, hell you're not trash," I stated. This guy is super annoying. It seemed to work though, Komaeda lightened up a tad. I didn't take back my remark about my talent being better than his though. Even though I did feel a bit guilty about it.

"Why don't we meet up with the others? Maybe you can remember your talent later on." Komaeda spoke with re-insurance. His delighted smile was back on his face. That smile seemed dangerous. "You'll tag along with me right, Hajime?" Komaeda walked beside me, he wandered out ahead of me. I grumbled to myself. "Fine, whatever," I said tagging along beside him. Both of us suddenly stopped dead in our tracks, we felt buzzing from our pockets. I glared back at him, but he just shrugged. We both pulled out the beeping devices in our pockets. "What the??? What is this??" I talked to myself, ignoring the fact that Komaeda was still there. Komaeda rubbed the back of his head nervously. "Usami passed them out earlier.. sorry a scrub like me forgot to mention that... You must have been knocked out at the time." he gave a small chuckle. I felt irritated that he was so calm.

Usami suddenly appeared out of the ground. "WH-What the..." I whispered. "H-how..." Usami shook her head. "That's your E-Handbook!" the small rabbit smiled lovingly before disappearing into the ground again. "Is this a game or some shit?!" My breath hitched. Komaeda rested a hand on my shoulder. I flinched away. He only smiled. That damn smile. "If this is a game, we won't be in danger in any way." He withdrew his hand from my shoulder. "How can you be so sure?" I questioned him.

Nagito shrugged his shoulders. He didn't give a answer to my question. I steadied my breaths. This guy.. I was about to say something but he interjected. "How about we go meet up with the others?" he asked. I glared at him, but obliged. I might as well get to know everyone here. I don't want to be spending my time with him.

To be continued for now.

i was kinda eager to get this prologue out i wrote most of it in one night, but got lazy plus school was in the way but now it's not really. Anyways i'm
hoping to get the first chapter out soonish? if i'm honest i may have lost a little motivation writing this, idk i also wanna make a DR shit post with my own OC's, not sure what's going to happen tbh, anyways i hope you enjoyed :D.