Chapter 2: Botanophobia

Start from the beginning

'Help!' I half cry half scream. Then there's a rustle in the trees behind it. It looks at me the slowly walks away. The vines begin to untangle then selves around my body. I continue to cry. I still don't want to move. I can't move. I am physically unable to move. I cry until it's dark out. What if it comes back? What if the clown comes back to finish me off? The boys have left me behind, they don't care. I'm tired. I normally get at least 12 hours of sleep. I lay down on the ground. Yawn...

Ugg... I stretch out. I wonder what time it is. Where am I? Shit. It wasn't a nightmare. I'm literally laying down surrounded by poison ivy.

'Y/N!' I hear someone yelling. Is that Richie? I'm hallucinating. I must have touched some poison ivy, and imagined the Clown and the vines.

'Y-Y/N!' I there it is again. But this time... Bill? I'm going crazy. They left me. You're probably dead. Is that true? Am I dead? I feel dead.

'Y/N!' That voice is closer. But who is it? It sounds like a girl. Yeah, defiantly a girl.

'Y/N!' Ok, I can almost guarantee you that that's Eddie. It sounds really close though...

'Y/N!'

'Stanley?' I say this out loud without even meaning to.

'Oh my god y/n' He's cries running towards me. He wraps me up in a hug. What's happening... why is everything going black...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'Y/n? Guys she awake!' Stanley is standing over me. Stanley looks at me smiling. I have the sudden urge to kiss him... yeah no. I'm still a pussy <3

'Y-y-y/n, we th-thought you might have died...' Bill says his voice trails off

'No, I'm fine' I get up and fall over the very next second. Shit. Of course, I fall right into Stanley's hands. This is embarrassing. I watch as Stanley turns red. He's so adorable.

'Guys there's a kid who looks like he's been stabbed in the gut!' I look at Stanley and he somehow knows exactly what I'm thinking. He attempts to put me back on my feet but I'm shaking. God, this is humiliating. There's a kid bleeding, but I have to be the one supported. The boy looks like he can walk. I try to walk, but I cant without Stanleys support

'W-we need to go th-the store to get s-s-some supplies.' Says Bill. Now everyone was here. The whole gang. 'Do y-you have a b-bike?' He asks the boys

'I had to abandon it when Henry got me' The boy replies. Bill nods. He seems to know exactly what to do in this kind of situation

'Ben, you'll ride y-y/n names b-bike,' Bill motions to me. So the new boy has a name huh? 'and y-y/n you can r-ride with Stan' I nod trying not to look too eager.

We start walking. To be honest, I forget all about the poison ivy, all I can focus on is the fact that I'm in Stanley's arms. We walk in silence for a bit. I like walking in silence. It gives me some peace and after the whole clown thing, I can really use some peace.

'Can I ask you something?' Stanley asks, breaking the silence

'Go ahead' I say looking up at him. He doesn't look at me though. He continues to look at his feet

'What happened back there- when you passed out I mean' He now turned to look at me. 'You, you said something about poison ivy then passed out' I giggle. What the hell. I never giggle. Boys can turn you into a different person.

'What?' he said now smiling. I don't know what's come over me. I start laughing. Everything at this moment is unexplainably funny. 'What?' He asked again. Now he was laughing too. When I can talk again I do

'I can tell you what happened, but you have to promise that you won't laugh' I say, still laughing slightly

'Ok, ok I promise' he says then he puts on the most serious face he can muster. I burst out laughing again. Then he starts laughing too. The fact that he's laughing makes me laugh even harder. I laugh until I cry-laugh. When I finally regain my breath I tell him

'I have botanophobia' I say whipping the tears from my face. He gives me a quizzical look. 'Basically, it's you have a fear of plants. Obviously, I'm not scared of stuff like grass, but I'm terrified of cacti and poison ivy. Also any plant I've never seen.'

'So it's my fault you passed out?' He asked with a worried look on his face. I smile

'Yep, and I'm never going to forgive you for it.' He now looks relieved knowing that I'm not mad at him or anything. I lean my head against his shoulder, my stomach now filled with butterflies. He didn't say anything, so I take my head away. I'm an idiot. Of course, he would feel uncomfortable! Luckily, we get to our bike seconds later. I don't want to make him more uncomfortable.

'Hey, Eddie? Can I ride with you?' I ask

'Uhh...' He looks at me, then Stanley, then me again 'ok then' I limp over to Eddie. It's still hard to walk. I climb on the back of his bike avoiding eye contact with Stanley at all costs. Of course, I had to ruin whatever we had by being impulsive. Sigh. Good thing I'm not forced to hang out with these losers in the first place...