The Art of Excluding Someone

Start from the beginning

He had no friends.

------

"Huh... something is up with him," Jin commented.

Jungkook sighed. "What? Who?"

"Namjoon?" Yoongi asked. "He seems upset about something...?"

"Yeah," Hoseok said. "That's why I have been leaving him alone for a bit. You know, he doesn't like it when we all crowd around him at times like this."

"Don't you think that we should ask him what's bothering him though?" Jin asked. "He always does, when we're upset."

"You're right," Yoongi said.

"Yeah," Taehyung said.

Jungkook agreed.

"I can do it," Taehyung said. "I'm good at talking."

"Yeah," Yoongi said. "Make sure he knows that we're all willing to help him out if anything is up."

"Of course!"

Jungkook flopped backwards onto the couch. He smacked his head on the armrest, prompting Yoongi to let out a gasp.

"Be careful!"

"Yeah, yeah," Jungkook said. He sat up, trying his best to hide the expression of discomfort on his face.

"Look at his face!" Jin laughed. "This is why I tell everyone to be careful!"

Nobody had the chance to reply because, right then, the front door opened. Namjoon shuffled in. He had a big jacket hanging on his shoulders, covering his frame completely.

"Namjoon hyung?" Taehyung asked.

"Hmm?"

"Can we talk about something?"

"Sure."

"In your room."

"Okay," Namjoon said. He sighed. His shoes slid neatly off his feet. He took a hanger out and put his jacket on it. Through it all, he was aware of the others staring at him.

"Are you alright?" Jin asked.

"Of course."

Jin nodded. "You can talk to me at any time."

"I know."

-------

"Namjoon hyung, what's going on?"

Taehyung's question to him threw him off-kilter. He didn't know what was wrong with him. He was just getting hurt from how the others were acting, right...?

"Nothing."

"You're so quiet nowadays."

Namjoon smiled. "I'm fine."

Taehyung glanced at him, as if trying to look inside him. "You sure?"

"Yeah, of course!"

Gosh, Namjoon felt so awkward. He didn't remember being so awkward around Taehyung in a long time. Their relationship had deteriorated to that point.

"Okay," Taehyung said. He shrugged, flashing Namjoon a smile. He turned and left the room abruptly, leaving Namjoon confused.

He didn't understand what was going on. Ah well. He was thirsty, he should go get some water.

-------

"He's so weird now," Taehyung said. "I'm so confused."

Jungkook shook his head. "I'm confused too."