The way his shoulders trembled when he held you tightly; to the way he tried to comfort you while he was falling apart too.

He's still the dependable guy-- man, you remembered him to be.

Clenching your teeth, you drag out an exhale. Your eyes now stare up at the sky.

Holding onto grudges won't do you any good.

"Alright. I'll give him another chance...but." You grow fearful at the thought of him walking out of your life again. The pain of another heartache after vulnerably letting him back in. Seemingly knowing that you're backtracking on your words, Azumane envelopes you in an embrace.

He rubs your back in circular motions. "I'll be right by your side whenever you need it Y/N. If you feel a moment of weakness, I'll be right there. No matter the time or the location."

You let out a lighthearted snicker, raising your arms to return his hug. "What are you? Superman?"

"I've been called Jesus once, actually." Azumane playfully jokes in return. His chuckle sends ripples through your small frame and you feel safe in his arms. Your hesitation earlier dissipates. "Speaking of changes..." Azumane's voice cracks and you pull away to look at him. He sounds nervous all of a sudden.

Eyeing his troubled expression, you reach to grab his hands. "Is something wrong Asahi? Has something been troubling you?" Giving his hands a gentle squeeze, you feel his hands relax slightly. You've been too clouded with your problems and never once asked Azumane if his life is alright. You curse yourself for being so self centered.

Azumane inhales deeply, his brows knitting together when he slowly exhales. "I thought of this crazy idea the other night. If neither of us are married by the time we turn 30, let's--" He cuts himself off, his face turning a shade red.

You remain quiet, staring at him intently. His brown eyes hesitantly stare at you directly. "Let's get married." Azumane whispers those words to you.

"Marriage? Between you and I?" You nervously pull your hands away from him, feeling them grow clammy. Azumane takes your hand back in his, a look of nervousness when he speaks up again. "Do you not like the idea?"

His tone is full of worry that you'd reject the idea. But you're more so wondering why this thought crossed his mind. "I-It's not that." You find your voice to answer him. Your eyes return to his redden one. "Why did this cross your mind?"

Pursing his lips, Azumane looks away from you for a split moment. He seems to make up his mind as you watch him nod his head to himself. The next moment you see Azumane's face incredibly close to yours. The two of you stare at each other with different expressions. One of seriousness and the other with confusion.

Azumane slowly closes his eyes, gently pressing a kiss to the outer corner of your lip. Your breath hitches from his action and your eyes soften when you watch him pull away slightly. "It seems like my emotions for you have changed Y/N. The night we kissed...I lied about not feeling anything." His brows knit together when he apologizes for lying. "I'm sorry for lying. I was too startled and didn't know how to process what was going on internally."