II - "Crossroads" [ACT II]

[BOOK I, CHAPTER II: ACT II]

In 15 minutes along the way of conversations about numerous things, after crossing a footbridge, The Three finally arrive at the enormous building. The institution is divided into several blocks, sectors and gates and it is easy to get lost in the locality.

Friends have known each other since the year they started their respective courses and their meeting point has always become entrance gate number seven. An Elderly Woman works there who sells refreshing food and drinks in a humble "cart" pushed by her every day.

Lucia asks the two boys to wait there in front of the gate while she runs to the Lady who has her products near some parked vehicles.

- Good morning Aunt! Can I have three cheeses please? How are you today?

- Everything is fine my daughter! Good Morning! Hahahah! You are a very cute little girl you know? Oh yeah, you know how it is: While retirement doesn't come, we need to manage, don't we?

- Wow, but you are pure disposition, I want to reach the golden age like that!

- Don't say that, girl! How silly! You are a beautiful, studious and very kind girl, you will do much better than me in life. If I had a granddaughter, I would like her to be just like you! Here your Cheese Sticks. Oh yeah: Will you want oregano today? You always want to, but I need to ask! Hahah!

- In my cheese, I do, in the name of Jesus!

- Hahahah! I love this way of you my dear ... Promise me that you will study a lot so as not to end like me: selling delicacies at the college door, all right?

- It would be a pleasure to be like you, you are the best person I know: Strong and very determined! God willing that I stay like this ahead!

- Hahahahah! That girl ... Your Mom and Dad must be very proud of you. Surely you are the joy of many Christmases in the family!

- I hope I am! Hahahah! ("... Wherever they are, right ...") Good morning Aunt, stay with God!

- Likewise my flower, for You too, always comes back!

- Leave it to me! I'll be back later or tomorrow!

Lúcia walks fast to her brother, who is still waiting for her with her other friend. On the way, the girl thinks about her parents: she cannot remember their faces clearly and has no relevant remnants of memory with her mother.

In fact, with the whole family together, she has no memory and does not understand why she lived part of her life in an orphanage with her brother. Lúcia always wonders what led their Mother and Father to have to leave them in that place.

Rationalizing on the praise that the Elderly Woman gave, the Girl struggles against her feelings for a brief moment in order not to let Sadness overwhelm her. She misses her Mother, on a larger scale, and through her gaze a burst of tears tries to form.

Approaching the two Boys She promptly lowers her head and part of her hair falls hiding her face and her teary eyes. Very quickly, ditto, Lúcia extends both arms holding the three foods she had bought with her legs together like a Soldier standing at attention.

- There you freaks! Hold this thing for me, please?

- Oh, well done, Pretty Redhead soldier! Hahah! What a wonder huh? It fell too well, because I didn't even have breakfast in the morning!

- Thanks, Sister! Give it here, I'll take yours.

- Just don't eat mine ...

Adjusting the locks that hide her face, She takes advantage of the situation to wipe her eyes. They were entertained talking to each other and eating those skewers that contained rennet cheese.

Tears are contained and she inhales slowly to later release all the air from her lungs through her mouth in a gesture as if she were filling a party balloon. Christian's Sister takes two small sticks, made of bamboo wood, from her pocket next to her backpack and uses them to pin her long hair to the top.

- Now that I've settled down: Give me Chris, my cheese.

- Uh ... Ok, Lúcia: Are you okay?

- Give me that shit, boring boy!

- Fine! Okay, I huh ... Strange girl!

- Me, right? Don't be a pain in the ass ... Let's go.

She takes the food and passes by the Brother. Slap him on the chest and go through gate seven. The two Boys, in the back, comment among themselves that She came back from the conversation with the Elderly Woman upset about something.

In any case, none of them asks Lucia a question about the real reason for this feeling that She left in them. Her Friend and Brother have no idea and for them her annoyance is just "a woman's thing".

My understanding of human behavior is not infallible; however, as far as I can understand within what I have seen since their Prehistory, commonly the male beings on Earth say "there is no apparent logical reason when a Woman is saddened".

Whether they are their partners or not, they attribute the event to "banalities" in the vast majority of times and give little importance. When they don't, they are rude for no reasonable reason to ignore them.

To diminish a Woman individually, to feel safe around other Men or accepted by a specific community of them, is also an ordinary action that, in particular, has no positive meaning for me.

It is explained by the science of humans that all of their species repeat this behavior, at some point in life, to be considered "normal" by others of the same nature.

At this point the emptiness that Lúcia hides behind her proud but loyal and affectionate way with the Brother is her greatest secret. About Her who values ​​the companies around, in truth, I will attest to you: They are unaware of the ultimate story behind a face that smiles every day so as not to be unhappy...