Chapter 6

So can you guys guess where I'm from? I'll give you a hint: look at the spelling of my words.

Also if someone would like to make me a new cover for the book, I would greatly appreciate it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There was laughter when I woke up. It was loud, boisterous and sounded so heartily. I wonder who was laughing like that. It appears to be coming from downstairs, so they must be laughing pretty loud for me to be able to hear it up here. This time I am not tangled up in the sheets and so I gracefully hop out of bed and I see a gown on the chair near the wash basin. The gown is a beautiful, deep red colour. It is floor length and it appears to be my size. I try it on, it fits perfectly, like a glove, whoever guessed my size did a great job of it.

I am unsure as to what I am supposed to do now. I look around the room for a note or a sign of what to do, there must be a reason for this dress but I cannot find. I try the door and I find it unlocked. I slowly walk down the stairs not wanting to disturb whoever it is that's laughing. But sadly I manage to tread on a creaky stair. I wince, hoping no one heard it. For once, I am lucky in this unforsaken place, no one comes running to see who the intruder, who makes a lot of noise, is. I am glad but still cautious as I make my way towards the laughter. I think its coming from the hearth room, or possibly the dining room.

I peek a glance into the hearth room. There's no one there. I quietly tiptoe towards the dining room. I also peek around this doorway. But as soon as I peek, I'm spotted.

"You there, come here! Fetch me my food and drink." A man bellows. I think he may possibly be the man who was laughing before. I also think he is quite drunk. That may be his reason for so much laughter.

"Bethany? Is that you?" I hear Brendon call out. "Come here, you won't be punished. I want you to meet my friend." He beckons me forward.

I take a couple steps into the room, keeping my head down so I don't look into the man's face. I am a slave, I'm not supposed to look at people higher than me without permission.

"Look up!" I hear a different mans voice demand. There must be more than two people in here.

I slowly tilt my head up, noticing first off Brendon, then a big, burly, blonde haired man. I look around and notice four mean looking brutes. All with scars, battle ones I assume. I nervously glance at Brendon, trying to ask him what he wants me to do, with my eyes. I think he catches on, either that or he just wants me to serve them.

"Bethany, go get our food, and drinks. Bring them out here. Oh and don't take long, we are big men, with big appetites, who don't like waiting for food." He demands of me.

As I head into the kitchen, all I can think about is, yes they are quite big men, and they can snap me into two if I do something wrong, or displease them. I notice that most of the food is already cooked, but just needs to be put onto trays and dished out. I grab some water, ale, and the food. Then I'm off into the dining room.

I place the food in the centre of the huge table and as i'm about to walk away to leave the men in peace, Brendon calls out "serve us".

I place huge pieces of meat and the baked vegetables onto their plates. I then pour them all a drink.

"Slave, come sit here." One of the men call out.

"Nay, lass, sit here." Another calls out.

"She's mine, sit with me." The blonde drunk calls out.

"Men, stop it now before I throw you out for disrespecting me. Bethany is mine, she will sit with me." Brando states and I hear the men grumble under their breaths.

I go over to sit with Brendon and when I don't see a spare chair, I hesitate.

"On my lap." Brendon says. And before I can get away, he pulls me onto his lap. I squirm a little, before he squeezes my bottom and I jump. He just chuckles and I shoot him a death stare. "Tsk, tsk, none of that." He says.

I settle down. The men start eating, and I'm just staring into my lap. Brendon clears his throat and I look at him. I then realise he wants to be fed. I pick up a piece of meat, break off some and hand it to him. But instead of his mouth, I place it in his hand. He clearly doesn't want that and directs my hand towards his mouth. I fed him like this till he is full. There are only a few pieces of meat left and some vegetables. Brendon feeds me the few pieces of food left. Then I clear away the dishes and leftover food.

"That is all Bethany, you may go back to your room and do whatever you wish in there for the rest of the day and night. I expect to not see you at all. I will be doing business with these men and don't wish to be disturbed. You know what will happen if im disrupted. Good day." He dismisses me.

I am still terribly hungry but I don't tell him that. I walk to my room with my stomach growling and a sore head, I think the sore head is from not eating. But until I am told I can come out. I will remain in my room. I lay down on my bed and drift off.

During the night, a servant came to my room with some food, and a note from Brendon.

The note read.....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You will have to wait and see what the note says.

Yay, 500 reads. May not seem like much but to me its big. Thank you for reading my book.

Ok, so, guys I'm thinking about having her punished in the next few chapters, not telling you which, but soon. What do you guys want it to be for? Her running away. Her disobeying Brendon. Or suggest something. I am open to anything.