Chapter 16

"Thorsten, release her." Brendon yells.

"Neinn, Jarl, ek drepa rauðr hqfdi." (No, jarl, i will kill the red head.) Thorsten replies visciously.

"Neinn saka hitta minn þræll." (No harm will come to my slave.) Brendon insists aggressively, taking a step towards us.

I have no clue as to what they are saying. It is just words to me, they make no sense.

The knife digs in deeper, making me whimper.

"Létta, or I will kill this armr vǫlva!" (stop, wretched witch). Thorsten spits out.

I wriggle around, not being able to stand still any longer. I notice all the warriors starting to crowd around. But there is one that I can no longer see. My brother. I wonder where he went. He probably doesn't care about me.

I can hear Brendon pleading, or what I assume is pleading since I cannot understand them. I am catching bits and pieces.

"If you don't release her now, I will kill you." Brendon states with confidence.

"Go ahead then!" Thorsten replies with arrogance.

I am suddenly thrown to the ground as all the warriors and Brendon charge at me. Well Brendon charges at me, the warriors at Thorsten.

I see all their faces change and I can tell that I am about to die. Thorsten is just going to stab me before any of them can get here.

All of a sudden I am hit. I'm covered in thick, gooey liquid. I look down and see red. Oh no, i'm dying, i've been stabbed. I start to breath more rapidly, unable to get enough air in.

Brendon rushes over to me but i'm in a daze and everything is blurry. I look behind me and start to feel sick.

"No, no, don't look, turn away." Brendon quietly says and pushes my head back forwards.

Too late, the vomit is rising and I start to convulse and spray vomit everywhere.

Thorsten's head is laying on the ground just behind me, and my brother is standing just behind his body, with a long knife, covered in blood.

It wasn't my own blood, but I still feel so tired and worn out from today's events.

"Come, we will clean you up. Men, remove the body and do not burn it. This traitor does not deserve a proper burial." Brendon orders his men.

I try to stand but my legs are wobbly. So Brendon picks me up and starts walking back to his house.

He walks past my room and I start to wonder where he is taking me.

He walks into a room and I glance around. Seeing thick, leather furs all around the room and a huge bed, I would assume it's Brendon's room.

He places me on the floor near his door. At first I am wondering why he placed me here, till I look down and see that I am still covered in blood and I understand.

He walks back out of the room, leaving me sitting there in a heap on the floor.

Servants start to walk in with a big tub, and buckets of water, i'm assuming its hot but I cannot tell. He follows them in and watches as they pour the water into the tubs. I start to see steam rising, so I know it's hot.

"Please leave us." Brendon asks quietly.

All the servants leave the room. Leaving just him and me in the room. I look around, trying to look at anything but him.

"Come, I will help you undress so we can wash all this disgusting blood off."

I am too stunned and still in shock to move. He comes over and helps me up. I think about protesting as he undoes my dress. But it never makes it out of my mouth.

He gently takes the dress off once he has undone all the laces. I am just left in my under layers.

He picks me up, and slowly lowers me into the tub so I can get used to the temperature. He grabs the soap bar and lathers it up between his hands. He washes my hair first. I can feel that it's so slimy, and covered in blood.

He massages my head and I start to fall asleep from his soothing massage.

I jolt awake as i am getting lifted up.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to wake you, I was just trying to get you out of here before you got all wrinkled and cold." Brendon explains.

"It's okay. Just take me to bed so I can sleep." I murmur quietly to him.

He places me on his bed, but walks away again.

He returns with a new dress, but a night one. I raise my arms so he can slip it on me.

"I have to dry you first." He chuckles and starts to dry me with a towel.

Once I am dry, he place the night shift on me and throws the wet towel on the ground. He goes and gets the servants to clean up and take the tub out.

They come in and do so.

Just as I am about to fall asleep, I feel the bed dip as he gets on it. He pulls the furs down and helps me get underneath them.

I try to move away from him, but he just pulls me close to him.I can't help but think that something is wrong here, but i'm too tired to care. We fall asleep like that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys, I am so sorry for the late update, I've had exams and a bit of writers block.

If any of you don't remember who Thorsten was, he was the drunk guy who grabbed Bethany, and then Brendon saw her with him and immediately thought the worst.

Please vote, comment if you like the chapter.

I am unsure as to when the next one will come out, so please be patient. I will try to make it longer.

Thanks for waiting, and reading.