The Break Through

Bill's POV
I had been stuck in this horrendous state for almost a year now. I was sick and tired of it. I was bored. It was quiet and peaceful. There wasn't nearly enough chaos. But then, a girl came into the clearing. She looked familiar, but I couldn't quite place it.

She looked around the clearing with an inspired gleam in her eyes, but as soon as she saw me, it turned to curiosity. She approached me, and after a moment, started to peel off the plant-like substance off of me.

It was quiet for another moment, but then she started speaking. "Hey, my name's (y/n), it's a pleasure to meet you. I hope you don't mind my intrusion here, but I think I can make this place even more beautiful than it already is!" She continued to talk, telling me about how her siblings, pine tree and shooting star, treated her. I could relate in a way, I was also the youngest of three kids and often felt like they didn't want me around.

After a moment, I thought it had started raining, but the girl, (y/n), has started crying. Her tears hit the stone I was trapped in, but she quickly wiped her eyes and started to bid me goodbye, promising she would be back tomorrow.

I continued to think about the odd encounter when a weird sensation enveloped me. I heard a loud crack and then was blinded by light. I don't know for how long I was out, but when I opened my eyes again, I was looking at the sky, something I hadn't seen in almost a year, and I could tell something was wrong.

I tried to move, and I actually could. I sat up. I looked around. I moved my hand in front of my face. Wait a minute, those weren't my hands!

I stood up, I was much taller than I remember, and I wasn't flying. There was a stream nearby I remembered listening to. As soon as I saw my reflection, I about threw up. I was a sack of meat. I looked like a hecking human!