eight

Victoria Hunt

Victoria Hunt

My heart was beating erratically as I stared wide eyed at the man. What the actual fuck was going on today?

My father...no. My brothers told me he was dead, it doesn't make any sense. Unless, they lied. But why would they? This has left me with more questions than algebra.

"No, they didn't." I replied slowly, hesitation in my voice.

Shock crossed over his face and I continued, "they told me you were dead." my brows furrowed with my own obliviousness and confusion.

"Family drama isn't my forte, I'll go find some freshman to shout at for being annoying." Derry butted in with a nervous smile and stood up, leaving the room.

Traitor.

"Victoria.." the supposed father trailed off and I shook my head.

"No. It's impossible, they told me you were dead and they don't lie." I stated firmly, agreeing with myself fully.

He paused before pulling a piece of paper from his pocket and handing it to me," I thought you might say that so I completed a dna test in advance." He sighed.

"How did you get my dna?" I asked without looking at the paper in my hands.

"Alexander." He replied. Wait, so Alex knew.

I looked down at the paper 99.9% match. So he was my father.

"But if Alex knew then why didn't he say anything, why didn't the others?" I asked and folded the paper up.

"I don't know." He replied sadly and I frowned.

He's sus, vote him out.

Shush.

I took a deep breath just as the door opened again after someone knocked on it. I turned around in my chair to see Rhys who looked pissed off. His gaze softened when he saw me.

"What are you doing here?" I questioned and he smiled.

"Getting my place back." He replied simply and the look in his eyes could only mean one thing. I rolled my eyes in amusement.

"You can't beat the principle into giving you your place back Rhys." I answered and he frowned, looking confused.

"Why not?"

"Enroll again." I stated simply, watching as confusion came to his face. He was definitely going to try and beat the principle into giving the place back to him.

Someone cleared their throat behind me and Rhys' attention shifted to the wannabe father. The familiar feeling consumed me when I was reminded of everything that happened in only ten minutes of my life.

The familiar feeling being : shooketh.

"Anyway so, Rhys, this is my supposed father who just showed up after sixteen years. Supposed father, this is Rhys, my...friend." I introduced them briefly with a warm smile.

"Cool." They both answered simultaneously, their arms crossed over their chests. Wannabe father had the disapproving father look on any boy and Rhys had a....protective look?

"Who are you to her really?"

"Why weren't you in Tori's life before?"

"Answer me first."

"No, you answer me first."

I'd actually rather have been back in english class than in the room with the two. Toxic masculinity, what can I say.

"Kids, look, you're new to my life so you can't just be questioning my fuc- friend anytime you want. Rhys, uh, I don't actually know you asked a question I wanted to ask myself." I gulped when I almost slipped up. Rhys only smirked at that and wannabe father sighed in frustration.

My phone suddenly began ringing and I took it out of my pocket, answering it.

There's always that one friend you can't put on speaker and unfortunately I didn't check before I did.

"V, I'm dying, the tension is fucking killing me. My siblings are having a staring contest. Youngest Valiente against oldest. Hallie isn't backing down by the looks of it." Cole spoke into the phone, like a spokesperson. Only he was basically screeching.

After the incident and Cole saving me we became friends. Since his family was the fourth mafia family it made sense there was a long lost sister. Hallie seemed my type of girl but I'd never gotten the chance to meet her. All I knew was that her twin was evil, according to Cole.

"That's...nice." I replied, only to hear a huff in response.

"What was I expecting huh? You've never cared." Cole sighed dramatically, feigning sadness. I could almost see him wiping the fake tear from his eye.

"No, wait-" I started only to be cut off with a screech.

"The eldest Valiente has backed down and agreed, holy fuck. I was joking with you V, you're one of my only friend that shares the same low intelligence as me. Love you and bye."

That was all I heard before he hung up on me.

Did he just insult my intelligence, and then hang up?

I need better friends.

"Carrying on." I stood up, dusting off imaginary dirt from my pants.

Both Rhys' and wannabe fathers eyes were wide at the interruption but I walked to the door and pulled Rhys out with me without stopping.

I only turned back once to see dna matched sperm donor,"I'll keep in touch, talk to Alex seeing as I guess he probably has your number." I smiled before walking outside with Rhys.

Once I was outside I sighed and leant back against the wall.

"I have a father, possibly." I stated, more to myself than anyone else but Rhys still replied.

"You should probably get to know him, but only once you've talked to your brothers and made sure he hasn't just showed up out of nowhere uninvited." Rhys replied firmly and I nodded in agreement.

Today was weird, in a sense.

I had a gut feeling that something bad was about to happen.

What scared me was the fact that if anything did, I wouldn't be able to stop it.

Sorry for the short chapter guys..

Anyway I was listening to songs on my spotify playlist and 'Shameless' by the Weeknd reminded me of Rhys.

You should listen to it if you want :)

Hope you liked the chapter and let me know what you thought! x

– Aella