Chapter Three

The next morning everyone was awake bright and early. It was time for my first major mission with the group. Guess I was jumping right into it, I figured it was to see what I could and couldn't handle. It made sense but I had no idea what to expect. Val explained everything and the twins insisted that I be up front with Val. He sighed and agreed but it wasn't easy to convince him since he insisted I'd most likely get hurt. He underestimated me, I then spoke up and told him I'd be fine. He then sighed once more and took a minute before he eventually said ok. Soon the group was off to take care of Dracs. We ran into a group of Batt Rats on the way to the edge of their zone and decided to help. They all got in their positions and I got my gun ready. As soon as the first Drac appeared in the shooting range, Val and I began shooting. Of course it caused more Dracs to appear and usually the twins would have to jump in but to Val's surprise they weren't needed as I kept taking them down quickly and effectively.

"Where... did you learn to shoot like that?" Val exclaimed, seemingly impressed and slightly jealous of how decent of a shooter I seemed to be.

"My dad. Due to his job I learned from a young age." I explained as I lowered my head but for only a split second. That was when I realized my dad did me a favor. It's like he knew I'd need this skill set.

Val then gave a slight smile, "Well I personally, I think you're REALLY good. I'm seriously impressed. Glad I decided to add you."

I was embarrassed, I didn't wanna show him up but I couldn't find any words to say. I didn't wanna say thank you cause then it would seem as if I knew I was good. I didn't think I was, but I did know shooting is hard to learn and not everyone is meant for it. So I just smiled and nodded. After they helped the Batt Rats we continued on. Clearing our zone of Dracs. It was just a daily thing. To keep not just us safe, but the entire zone. Val was so impressed with how well I could shoot, he asked if I could teach him some things. I was surprised at first but then realized this would be an easy way to get to know him better and help him with other things. As we got home I pulled the twins aside and told them the news. Once news was broken, the twins were so excited to hear about me taking on this opportunity and wanted to help dress me for the days I'd be teaching him. I showed them the outfits I had and they had the time of their lives mismatching and matching me. It was like a dress up game or something. Eventually we found the perfect outfit and sent me out the door to practice. I called for Val and he came out of his room looking at me as he walked up to meet me. I explained that the practice days would be three times a week but every other day so I didn't completely die of heat exhaustion. I was still getting used to life out in the desert.

"Alright Val, your training starts tomorrow!" Vaya exclaimed as they ran out of my room into the main area of the base.

"Fantastic... can't wait to get even better and make fun of you both later for how stupid you both look worrying about how good you look instead of using your skills." Val teased.

"First of all, fuck you. Second of all we aren't bad at shooting, we just don't prefer it!" Vaya replied.

"What did I hear about our skills?" Vamos said as they entered the room as well and my head peaked around the corner.

Val rolled his eyes, "Nothing."

Vamos and Vaya both shook their heads and headed back to their room as he followed them to get to my room.

I sat in Val's room gathering my thoughts and outfits when I heard Val knock on the door.

"You like it here? I mean, are you settling in ok? I know we just kinda threw you out here... you know?" Val asked genuinely concerned.

I didn't wanna be alone with him because he annoyed the shit out of me and just because of everything else so I tried to get rid of him as quickly as possible.