-Chapter2-

I sit on a small crate hunched over an old wooden desk, not daring to flinch or tighten the muscles in my exposed hand. With the medical supplies Wally got from a nearby drug store I carefully stitch my wound closed, occasionally dipping the needle in alcohol. Just as I start pulling the last couple stitches in I hear Wally shouting, "Artemis, Superboy!" In excitement. However, I do not turn to look as light footsteps near me.

"Don't touch me." I say calmly right before Artemis hugs me from behind. When she walks around me and gasps.

"Oh my gosh!" She kneels in front of me. "Robin, what happened?"

"Well, long story short, Joker had one shot left so he face timed the Justice League then stabbed me then shot me in front them."

"I-I don't know what to say." She tells me.

"Then don't say anything." I reply in the same cool tone. "Luckily Batman taught me some medical procedures in case something ever happened to me." I say leaving out the part that included, and I couldn't get to him or Alfred.

"What did happen." Superboy asks.

"Maybe we pulled a blank?" Wally suggests.

"No, you guys disappeared when you were shot and I probably did too." I say, tying a knot in my stitches. I continue to treat and dress the wound. "It's not like you just passed out and were taken somewhere, you were gone. I think the reaction was instantaneous."

"Maybe it was a zata gun or something." Says Artemis. I cringe mentally as I think about the horrid 'train for failure test' where all of the league was shot by rays with zata radiation. Let's just say, it wasn't a zata gun and that quick assumption led to one of the worst missions of my life. Wether it was real or not.

"Does anybody know who those guys that attack us were?" Wally asks.

"You guys got jumped too?" Artemis asks standing up.

"Yeah, some lady in a black jumpsuit and a guy in an iron one. You?"

"An archer guy, and a man dressed up like the American flag... or the Puerto Rican flag..." Says Superboy, a bit unsurely. Once I'm done wrapping gauze around my hand and put my gloves back on -I had fixed the right one with supplies from a nearby Radio Shack-. I turn on my wrist computer and start going through the web. My eyes widen in shock.

"Um, guys," I say getting their attention. "I think we have a serious problem."

"What is it?" Asks KF.

"Nothing we know exists."

"What?!" They all ask.

"Look, there's nothing under Gotham, Starling City, Metropolis, Central City, Keystone City, Jump City, Atlantis, Aquaman, Wonderwoman, Superman, The Justice League, The Hall of Justice, there's nothing."

"What's the date?"

"Same as it was when we got our mission this morning, like I thought, the transition was instantaneous."

"Search under superhero." Suggests Artemis.

I do so and I'm left wordless. Pictures of the man in the iron suit, a giant green monster dude, the woman in the jumpsuit, an archer in purple and black, a man dresses as a flag, and a guy with a red cape holding a hammer. They're all labeled as Ironman, The Hulk, Blackwidow, Hawkeye, Captain America, and Thor. All together, The Avengers. "No way." I mutter. "I'm going to try to contact the league." I announce and everybody huddles in behind me. I call the watchtower and the screen turns fuzzy. I enhance some of the pixels to make a clearer image. It is still blurry but I can make out 4 undeniable figures and more undistinguishable shapes.