-Chapter1-

Robin's POV_____
Mount Justice___

I followed Kid Flash into the mission room. As the rest of the team starts to arrive the screen flickers on to show Batman's usual blank face. "Okay team, your assignment is to investigate a warehouse at Dixon Dock that has been omitting strange energy waves." Ugh, I hate Dixon Dock. That place gives me the creeps. Whenever Batman and I patrol near the place I get chills up my spine. The team nods. "Your job is to investigate. Don't draw attention to yourselves, Batman out." And with that the screen goes black.

"Alright," Kid Flash says ecstatically, "Let's get this show on the road!" I roll my eyes and walk with the rest of the team to the bio-ship. We all take our usual seats as we begin to take off. "So what's the plan?"

"Well," I say, "The particular warehouse has 3 points of entry, the main entrance at the front, a well hidden window in the back above the rafters, and a hole in the roof in the corner."

"If something is going on then we won't want to use their front door." Conner says. "I say we split into two groups, one takes the window, the other takes the hole."

Kaldur considers this for a while. "Agreed, Artemis, Robin, Kid Flash, and Superboy will enter through the window, and Zatana, Miss Martian, and I will go through the roof." We all nod in approval.

"Putting Bio-ship in camouflage mode." Miss Martian announces and I do a once over on my gear. Once I'm sure everything is as it should be I hear Miss Martian in my head "Telepathic link established." She says in my head and I follow everyone out of the Bio-ship. I leap up onto the giant stack of creates noiselessly and prop the grimy window open. I peer inside to make sure the coast is clear and gesture for the rest of my squad to follow. With Artemis, Kid Flash, and Superboy trailing behind me I slink across the rafters. As I make my way further from the wall I catch a glimpse of Aqualad climbing through the hole stealthily. Once we have a good vantage point we crouch down. There's a large metal contraption with glowing blue lights piercing through the cracks.

A large tube-like wire protrudes out from the bottom and coils around the floor like a snake. At the end of it is a large gun with the same design but with no lights, holding the gun is a man with shaggy green hair, a pail face, and a purple tux lined with green. The Joker, and beside him, Harley Quinn. Joker starts hitting the gun in frustration. "Ugh! Why isn't this stupid thing working?! It'll only be a matter of time before batsy and the little boy blunder get here!" Joker shouts. "As a matter of fact they're probably watching us right now. Isn't that right Batsy?!"

"Well, is there anything I can do to help puddin?" Harley asks.

"Ya, go search the building for Bats and Boy Blunder." He says passively. She nods obediently and grabs a set of goggles off a metal table.

"This new tech sure is fancy Mistah J." She says as she puts them on. The lenses light up green with yellow stripes when she presses the side.

"Um dudes, that thing's got motion detecting heat sensors." Kid Flash says worriedly.

"And what exactly does that mean?" Zatana asks.

"It means, we're all screwed." I say flatly as Harley turns in our direction. She stops when she spots us, but before she can say anything I leap from the rafters planting my feet on her sternum. She grunts as the force knocks the wind out her and the rest of my small squad join me on the ground. "Stay concealed, we don't want to unload everything at once, lord only knows what tricks this nut-bag's got up his sleeves." I warn the rest telepathically. Harley is out cold. Suddenly the gun in Jokers hands lights up, making him grin wildly. He spins towards towards us and starts shooting bright blue beams. I duck to the left, narrowly avoiding getting shot in the head. I sprint forward lightning quick, jumping and dodging.