Part Five: Nightmare

Kakashi arrived soon after, 'Sebastian,' he immediately noticed the bandages on the boys hands, 'What'd you do to your hands?'
'Ibiki-Sama and I were sparring,' said Sebastian.
'I see,' Kakashi eyed Ibiki warily, 'And what do you think?'
'He shows promise, and I'm not sure why he isn't a Genin already, he's better than some of the Genin I've seen in past, certainly, he also seems smart,' replied Ibiki honestly.
'He isn't ready to be  Genin, despite how skilled he is.'
Sebastian remained silent, he had his arms folded across his chest as he gazed up at the sky.
'I'd like to train him sometimes,' said Ibiki, 'He could have a future in the Torture and Interrogation force.'
'I'll think about it, but for now we must go, arigato,' Kakashi bowed slightly before leaving with Sebastian.
Kakashi didn't speak until they were nearing home, 'Were you okay staying with Ibiki?'
'Yes,' replied Sebastian, his voice soft, 'We sparred.'
'What did you think?'
Sebastian considered, 'He is very skilled and I would be lucky if he were to train me.'
This surprised Kakashi, was Sebastian interested in training, 'So you are interested in joining the Toture and Interrogation force?'
'I will do whatever this village asks of me for as long as I stay here.'

====================================

Sebastian was in a feild, in his hands was a scroll and beside him was a pile of scrolls.
The scrolls had been a gift from Hiruzen, was was keenly interested in Sebastian's education.
Ibiki and Kakashi were in the shade of the trees at the edge of the feild, Ibiki was now Kakashi's go to for advice about Sebastian.
'I'll be taking my team on a long mission tomorrow,' Kakashi said, 'And I'm unsure of what to do with Sebastian.'
'I can watch him while you're away,' offered Ibiki.
Kakashi considered, 'I was considering taking him with me on the mission, if you wanted you could join us, since you seem so interested in Sebastian's training.'
At this Ibiki seemed to hesitate, he hated to cancel things on short notice, but he'd be interested in seeing Sebastian outside of the village.
They heard a shout, then saw Sakura running from one end of the feild, Sasuke and Naruto trailing along behind her.
The trio only spent time together because Kakashi had instructed them to, for team bonding.
Sakura hadn't seen Kakashi and Ibiki, instead she was running towards Sebastian.
'This should be good,' muttered Kakashi, who'd experienced Sebastian's reactions over the last two days.
To her credit, Sakura skidded to a halt to wave cheerily just a metre away from the young male, Sebastian looked up, a startled look in his eyes.
'Hello, Sebastian!' she greeted happily, the foreign name felt strange on her tongue, but she found she liked it.
Sasuke and Naruto caught up.
'Sebastian,' greeted Naruto, 'Want to spar with me? Believe it!'
'Okay,' agreed Sebastian, 'First I'll sit these scrolls over by Kakashi and Ibiki-Sama.'
Now the three ninja of Team seven glanced around, noticing Kakashi and Ibiki sitting in the shade of the trees.
'Hey,' Kakashi called out a lazy greeting as his students approached him.
'Why are you out here in this feild, Kakashi-Sensei?' asked Sakura, a curious look in her eyes.
Kakashi gestured to Sebastian, 'He likes to read in the sun, the Hokage gave him those scrolls.'

======================================

That night Kakashi woke up to the sound of screaming.
He was out of bed and rushing into the hallway immediately, it was coming from Sebastian's room.
Kakashi burst into the room, Sebastian was tangled in his sheets and hanging off the edge of his bed, a horribly loud scream escaping him, certainly louder than Kakashi would expect from such a small boy.
He was unsure of what to do for a moment, but then through the window he saw the lights of his neighbours houses coming on.
So he had to wake Sebastian up.
Kakashi put both hands on Sebastian's shoulders, but the smaller male only thrashed and screamed louder.
The screams went quiet for a moment, 'Please, just don't hurt me again,' moaned Sebastian.
It seemed instinctive as Kakashi drew Sebastian to his side, an arm over his shoulder, 'Shh, it's okay, Sebastian,' he said, 'You're safe now.'
For the next half hour Kakashi continued to murmur comforting things.

Sebastian's eyelids finally fluttered and opened, revealing his strangely coloured eyes.