14 : 𝖨 𝖶𝖺𝗌 𝖶𝗋𝗈𝗇𝗀 𝖠𝖻𝗈𝗎𝗍 𝖸𝗈𝗎

Magsimula sa umpisa

Nightmare. <

> Lmao.
> Saw urself in ur dream?
> Told u. U're terrifying.

It's not funny, Y/N. <
(2:21 AM)

I saw her type but no message was sent. I assumed she sensed that I was serious. I laid back and was about to toss my phone away when all of a sudden, she called.

Deadass is calling...

"What do you want?"

"You alright?" She softly asked. "Do you want to talk it out?"

I sat back up. "No."

"Are you sure? You sound devastated, Taehyun."

"Why do you even care?" I scoffed. "As far as we're both concerned, you don't have to kiss my ass anymore."

"You should be grateful I still have tad bit of empathy left for you, snitch."

She didn't have to. After all I've done to her. After all the hate I rubbed on her face. She didn't have to rain light on me like she's my hope. She's supposed to try and take me down while I ride on her games to crumble her more. We're not supposed to connect this way. You're not supposed to do this, Y/N..

"Hello? Taehyun?"

"Can I come over.."

"It's late-"

"I thought you wanted to talk."

There was a slight pause. "Okay.. I guess.."

Call ended.

I heaved myself off bed and slid onto a sweatshirt. Maybe it's time for me to open my eyes. Let her trim my horns. Grasp into the light she shed on me. Mom didn't raise me this way. She never wanted to see me turn out like this. Maybe I didn't really have to put her down when all she did in the first place was to get by. Maybe this game isn't worth the shot after all.

[Y/N's POV]

Ding dong.

The door revealed a sulky Taehyun in a wrinkly sweatshirt. Hair dishevelled, eyes puffy and red.

"Taehy-"

He cut me off with a tight embrace. I wasn't able to move. I was baffled at the sudden vulnerability that radiated off him at that late hour. Suddenly, his shoulders shook and I heard whimpers.

"Taehyun.."

Crap, why is he crying?

"I'm sorry.." He sobbed. "I really am.. Please, forgive me, Y/N.."

"Taehyun..?" I gently pushed him away to cup his face. His cheeks were drenched. "What's wrong with you?"

"I shouldn't have wronged you, Y/N.. I never should have talked down on you.. I was so wrong for mistreating you, humiliating you, hurting you, faking my intentions to pick on you.. I can't continue like this anymore.. I wasn't like this, Y/N.."

My heart softened. I led him to the couch, settling him on the cushion. I even fetched him a glass of water by which he downed in one go. He looked helpless, desperate, broken.. Sincere. I sat beside him, hand slowly rubbing circles on his back.

"Is that what you dreamed about?"

Taehyun began telling me about his nightmare. How his mom died, how kids picked on him, how his dad had to transfer him into homeschooling since little him could no longer take the bullying, how his attitude changed due to trauma, everything.

"I remembered how it felt to be pushed around.." He voiced. "And I thought of you.. The things I did to you.. I was so scared to be wronged again that I thought you would flip me over too.. Even though you'd often tease me back, I never considered showing you respect.. And I was so wrong for that.."

"And here I thought you were born that way.. I was wrong about you, Taehyun."

"We're both wrong about each other." He let out a dry laugh. "Mom must have been shaking her head all the time.. I'm ashamed of everything I did to you, Y/N.."

To be fair, I didn't really mind him picking on me. What really crushed me was when he dared to speak low of my family because he never knew much of them. They did nothing wrong to get dragged into his mouth. That was what pushed me to run him back. But with this going on, I don't think I'd be able to run further.

"Can we be friends..?" He asked. "I really don't want to hurt you anymore.. I should be the one to make it up to you.."

I think it's time to end our race here. I don't think there's a need for me to seek revenge anymore.

I smiled. "Sure."

Taehyun's lips stretched into a relieved smile as he pulled me for another hug. This time, I hugged back. His scent of jasmine climbed through my nostrils as I buried my face into his fabric. He was holding me tight, I was comfortable in his arms. It was as if we never hated each other all this time.

"I'm sorry for turning up late.."

"Don't be." I assured. "Are you sleepy? You may sleep here. I'll get you some pillows and blanket."

"You sure you want a devil in your household?"

We both laughed. I did a trimming action above his head before patting it. He playfully rolled his eyes.

"I think I'd be able to trim the rest of your horns tomorrow." I joked. "For now, you need to rest."

"Good night, Y/N."

"Sleep tight, Taehyun."