Confessions

It was a warm March day, the sun was out and Ren Sakura made her way towards the gym for volleyball practice. Her blond hair moving from the gentle wind. 

The year was almost over and she still had so many things she hadn't accomplished. So many lost goals and dreams.

"Ren!" A voice called from behind her. Ren turned her head to see Chiharu Fujimori. 

"Ah Chiharu, hey," Ren said, smiling warmly at the girl.

"Hey, Ren," Chiharu started now standing beside Ren. 

"Yea?" Ren asked as they began walking together. 

"You know we have to pick captains soon right? And we're the only second year's on the team." Chiharu said looking at Ren.

"Oh yeah we do don't we, do you want to be the captain Chio? I think you'd be great at it!" Ren said. Her voice sounded cheerful and she looked happy just being with her friend.  

"No. I think you should be captain Ren." Chiharu said. Her voice suddenly was serious and her expression was too. 

"H-huh!? Me!?? You really think I should be captain? I don't think I would be a good captain… I don't think anyone would listen to me if I'm being honest." Ren said, putting her hands up in front of her face. She looked surprised and doubtful of what her friend had said.  

"I think you'd be really good at it. You have a certain heir to you that just fits." Chiharu said smiling at Ren. 

"R-Really?" Ren asked, a little surprised. "Well if you think I should… I don't think there's any harm in taking it." She said smiling. "Oh yeah, the boy's team has to pick a captain too right? I wonder who will take it. I think Iwazumi would be great at it." 

"Oh, the boy's team? If I remember correctly Oikawa-San is taking the position." Chiharu said looking at Ren.

"O-Oikawa-San is???" Ren said her face going red as she jumped back in shock. 

"Are you surprised Sakura-Chan?" A voice called coming out of the gym the two girls were approaching. 

"AH! Oi-Oikawa-San??!" Ren said jumping back her face going bright red because there standing before her was Tooru Oikawa. He grinned at her then Ren spoke up again, "Uh… I mean a bit. I never thought you'd want to take a position like that." 

"Hmm. Well no harm in it, right? Who's going to be the girl's captain?" He said placing his hand on his hip.

"Ren is," Chiharu said smiling at Ren. 

"Yeah… Not sure if I'll be any good at it though." Ren said. 

"You'll be fine don't worry." He said now walking past the girls then hitting Ren's back gently. 

She stared at him as he walked away from them then turned to Chiharu. The two girls then entered the gym for practice. 

"Sakura," Iwa said looking at Ren as she exited her class.

"Ah, Iwa! Hey, what's up?" Ren said looking at the tall male that stood before her. His face was serious and he stared at her for a moment before speaking again.

"Are you going to tell him today?" Iwa asked her.

"... well, it's now or never. Finding him alone is gonna be an issue though." She said looking at her feet.

"You can do it, I believe in you." He said.

"Thank you Iwaizumi." She said, smiling a bit. Ren then walked off setting out to find the tallboy she was looking for. 

Ren slid the door open to a classroom peering in to see if the boy she was looking for was there. Sure enough, sitting at a desk by a window sat the very person she was looking for. 

"Oikawa-san," Ren said, closing the door behind her. She walked over to where he was sitting then sat down on the desk in front of him. "I… I need to tell you something Oikawa-san." 

"Can it wait Sakura, I'm kind of busy right-" Oikawa tried to say but was interrupted by Ren's voice. 

"No. It can't." She said. Oikawa was kind of shocked at how forward she was being it wasn't like her.  "I… I don't really want to say this. I thought I was content with how things were. I didn't want to risk ruining anything. But, I just can't keep it to myself anymore." 

Oikawa had heard many girls say things similar to what the small girl with blond hair that sat in front of him had said. But not once had he considered that she would say it. 

"I… I like you Oikawa-san…" she said. He said nothing. Ren's face was red and she buried her face in her arms hoping he would say something. Why isn’t he saying anything?? Did he not hear me? Ren thought. Oikawa had definitely heard her but he didn't know what to say to her. 

"It's… fine you don't have to say anything. I know you don't feel the same way." She said standing up. Her face was cold and so was her voice, she was just trying not to cry. She started to walk towards the door of the room but was interrupted by Oikawa's voice. 

"I'm sorry Sakura-chan." He said. 

"... It's fine." She said and walked out of the room. Tears came pouring down her face as soon as she slid the door shut. She tried not to cry but it was no use. She was never good at holding back tears. Ren just hoped Oikawa couldn't hear her crying, but he could. He sat in the classroom listening to the muffled sniffles and tears. He felt guilty. 

Ping! Iwaizumi's phone lit up and he looked to see a text from Ren. "He rejected me." He read. That damn idiot. Iwa thought. He picked up his stuff then headed to find his friend. "Where are you rn?" He typed on his phone then sent the text. 

"Sakura." He said finding the girl sitting outside alone. He knelt down beside her checking to see if she was alright. 

She looked up at him, tears streaming down her face. "He-He didn't even say anything!" She said frustrated. 

"That idiot. He's just stupid and missing out" Iwa said helping Ren up to her feet. "Come on I'll take you home."