Chapter 15

(15)

***December 10th, back in London, morning:

Dan, Phil and Lily had just arrived back in London the previous night. Dan and Phil had insisted that Lily spend the night at Dan and Phil's apartment since it had been late. Phil, who had been starving, ordered hot wings and downed a jug of warm milk before falling asleep on the couch. Dan and Lily were just as exhausted. after taking a shower, (not together, okay? They took showers separately.) they collapsed on Dan's bed in an exhausted heap.

Dan awoke in the morning. He rubbed his eyes sleepily before blinking to gain focus. What he saw made his heart flutter rapidly in his chest. Lily was lying beside him on the mattress, curled up into a little ball. She was dressed in one of Dan's button-up shirts, which hung loosely at her pale shoulders and covered most of her fingers. Her hands were tucked beneath her soft cheek. Dan smiled as the flashback started.

Dan had plucked up his courage and told Lily he loved her after taking her ice-skating a few days ago. He wasn't sure why he had been afraid to say it. It was probably because he wanted Lily to know that he meant it, and he was scared that Lily would reject him. He was scared that the girl he was so in love with wouldn't love him back. But to his utter relief and joy, Lily told him she loved him, too, with just as much sincerity.

Affectionately, Dan ran a finger down Lily's pale cheek. He laughed lightly as a small smile flickered across Lily's face. Was she dreaming?

Dan decided to make Lily (and Phil) breakfast. Gently, he draped a blanket over Lily's frame before reluctantly clambering out of bed. He stepped out of his bedroom and smirked. Phil was still fast asleep on the couch, snoring lightly. An empty hot wing bucket was tucked under Phil's chin, his left hand was loosely grasping the handle of the milk jug. It looked funny. Silently, Dan crept into the kitchen. He checked the cabinets and the refrigerator. Nothing. They were out of food. Dan groaned. Looks like he was going to have to buy some sandwiches and coffee from the Starbucks cafe nearby. He wrote a little note for Lily (and Phil), just in case they woke up before he got back, this is what it said:

To: Lily (and Phil, I suppose)

G'morning sunshine (>^-^)>(when I say "sunshine", I meant Lily, not Phil)

I've gone to the the Starbucks cafe nearby to get breakfast! I'll be back, soon!

~Dan.

Dan taped the note to Phil's forehead, then, he placed his phone and wallet in his hoodie pockets before leaving the apartment.

***at the Starbucks cafe:

Dan stepped into the cafe, instantly warmed by the heater vents. He joined the queue at the counter, thinking about what he should get. "Daniel!" A voice rang out, it was immediately followed by the clittering noises of high heels against wooden floor. Dan looked up to see Rosarie, tottering towards him excitedly, her blonde curls bouncing on her shoulders.

She walked over and stood behind Dan in the queue. "How was New York?" She asked brightly, batting her long lashes. "It was really awesome," Dan smiled politely. "Excuse me, Sir, what would you like to have?" The bartender at the counter with the strong Scottish accent cleared her throat impatiently, shooting Dan a snooty look. "Oh, yes, sorry," Dan said apologetically, turning towards the counter.

That's when Rosarie saw something poke out of Dan's hoodie pocket. It was his phone. It glinted under the dim, orangey lights. Rosarie peered at Dan from the corner of her eye- Dan was busy trying to place his order, the bartender sighed, her eyes rolled upwards impatiently.

Sneakily, Rosarie reached out to take Dan's phone between her thumb and forefinger. She pulled it out gently and quickly slipped it into her purse. A smirk played on her lips.

After Rosarie left the cafe, she whipped out Dan's phone. Dan had given her his pass code when they were dating. Rosarie bit her lip and typed in the digits. Bingo. Looks like he hadn't changed his pass code.

Rosarie thought about it for a while, before sending herself a message from Dan's phone. Here's what the message said:

Hey baby, I jus wanted 2 let yu noe tat I miss yu n yu r, lyk, wayy hawter than Lily.

(If you didn't get that, it's "hey baby, I just wanted to let you know that I miss you and you are, like, way hotter than Lily." )

After some time, Rosarie fired another text from Dan's cell phone to her own, this is what it said:

Baby, pls talk 2 me, if tis is about Lily, dun wurry about it, I'm planning 2 dump her soon.

(Translation: "baby, please talk to me, if this is about Lily, don't worry about it, I'm planning to dump her soon." I know you guys can probably read this, but, you know, just in case. ^^)

Rosarie then checked her phone. She smiled. She now had two messages from Dan's phone.

Perfect.

***

After having breakfast with Dan and Phil, Lily headed home. As she was searching for her keys, she felt someone touch her shoulder. She spun around and came face-to-face with none other than Rosarie. "Hello Lil," Rosarie chirped cheerily, blinking her large blue eyes. "Hi Rose," Lily replied, wondering what Rosarie was doing in front of her house.

"Listen, Lily, I just wanted to tell you not to take the break-up with Dan too personally." Rosarie said softly, tilting her head and widening her luminous, crystal blue eyes.

"What are you talking about? Dan and I never broke up," Lily said, her eyebrows furrowed in confusion. Rosarie put a perfectly manicured hand to her chest, her mouth fell open. "That means he's cheating on you!" Rosarie gasped. "What?" Lily asked, baffled.

"Look," Rosarie said, whipping out her cell phone and giving it a few taps before handing it to Lily. Lily stared at the screen of the phone. The color drained from her face.

There were two messages in Rosarie's phone, one of them read:

Hey baby, I jus wanted 2 let yu noe tat I miss yu n yu r, lyk, wayy hawter than Lily.

And the other one read:

Baby, pls talk 2 me, if tis is about Lily, dun wurry about it, I'm planning 2 dump her soon.

The two messages were sent from one phone number, it was a phone number Lily knew better than her own.

It was Dan's phone number.

Lily reread the messages over and over again, hoping that there was some sort of mistake. But there wasn't. Those two messages were sent from Dan's phone number to Rosarie's. it was unmistakable.

Lily's mind went blank as Rosarie took back her cell phone. Lily simply stepped into her apartment and shut the door in Rosarie's face.

She didn't want to hear anything, she just wanted to be alone.

***a note from the author (important! Please read!)

Hi guys,

Thanks for reading Unexpected! Both Unexpected and Getaway (my Andy Biersack fan fiction) had hit over 900 reads!!

Also, I would like to thank phanfictionfiggrole for following me on twitter! It made me SO immensely happy! Thank you, so, so much.

I know my writing can be a little messy, so if you didn't really get what went on in this chapter, I'll explain:

Rosarie stole Dan's phone in the cafe. Then she sent the two messages mentioned from Dan's phone to her own cell phone. So when she showed her phone to Lily, Lily would think Dan sent Rosarie those messages.

So that's it, I'm gonna start work on chapter 16. I hope you guys are looking forward to it! See you soon!

Love Always,

Marley.

Ps. You can follow me on twitter at MarleyNarwhal, I WILL follow back, or you can leave your twitter account in the comment segment below. I'll find you. Thanks for reading! Please vote, comment and fan! And feel free to let me know what you think about my story! 💛