ੈ♡˳ HOW TO GET A GIRLFRIEND

"WHAT'S UP WITH YOU?"

akaashi says. "eh?" bokuto picks up the last ball from the court and throws it into the basket, a curious expression on his features. "whaddya mean?" akaashi sighs and slings his bag over his shoulder, pushing the door open as both boys step out into the sunlight. "you know what i mean." he turns to the boy behind him, "you haven't been focusing lately."

bokuto pouts, "but kaaaashiiiii, i played reeeallyyy good today, didn't i?" akaashi rolls his eyes, a faint smile on his lips, "oh no. it's a miracle." his expression suddenly turns serious, "but you know if something's bothering you - you can always talk to me, yeah?" bokuto rubs his neck awkwardly, "about that . . . you'll laugh at me."

"i swear i won't," akaashi shakes his head, "you can tell me about it. what's up?" bokuto fiddles with his fingers, nervously looks around to see if anyone is listening, and leans in. "you can't tell anyone, okay? and you can't laugh, either!" akaashi nods, "i told you, i won't."

bokuto sighs and leans down to akaashi's ear, "i like y/n-" before he even finishes his statement, the shorter boy bursts out laughing, doubling over to clutch his stomach as his eyes tear up. bokuto frowns and flushes red, "'kaaaashiiii!!!! you promised!!!!"

akaashi tries to stand up and takes a deep breath, but his sentence is interrupted with random fits of trying not to chuckle at his friends flustered face. "sorry, bokuto." he breathes out, taking a sip of water from his bottle and wiping his chin with his arm, "it's just funny you thought i didn't already know."

bokuto gasps and lightly punches the ravennetes shoulder, "you're kidding! who told you?" he hasn't told anyone yet, only akaashi - because he's only now going to acknowledge his feelings. "it wasn't hard to find out," the other boy sighs, "i mean, you're always looking at her or talking about her."

"wh-when do i look at her?!" the golden eyed boy tries to play it cool, but he trips over his words, causing his friend to shake his head in disbeleif. "it's amazing she hasn't found out yet, with how obvious you're being." he hums, both boys walking at an even pace. "have you confessed?"

"of course not!" bokuto whines, latching onto his friends arm as they cross the road, "she only sees me as a friend, i don't wanna ruin our friendship!" akaashi shakes the boy off and comes to a halt. "dumbass." he mutters, turning around and staring at fukorodani's captain with gunmetal blue eyes "how are you going to know how she feels if you don't tell her?"

"i don't want to be direct - i'm not risking a decade of friendship for my stupid feelings, 'kaashi." bokuto states, staring back with an unwavering gaze. a small smile dances on akaashi's lips as he reaches out to ruffle his friends hair, "you're really something else, you know that?"

bokuto's serious demeanour drops instantly as he smirks, "of course i do!" akaashi closes his eyes and does a 180 on his heels, walking away from the taller boy, "aaand there he is again, same old stupid."

"'kaaashi!!" bokuto cries, running after him, "i'm not stupid!" akaashi rolls his eyes, "yes you are, go tell y/n how you feel and then i'll believe you. how are you going to know how she feels if you keep those feeling bottled up? you really like her, bo."

"i know," he responds, shoving his hands into his pockets and looking up at the plain blue sky, "i just wish i could tell her but without actually telling her." akaashi pauses, turning around with a small smile on his face. bokuto stops abruptly, nervously eyeing his friend. "what's with that look on your face?"

"you're a smart guy but when it comes to this sort of stuff - you're hopeless, bo." akaashi tilts his head to the side, "but i think i've got an idea to help you out with the whole y/n thing." the taller boys eyes light up, "really? you're going to help me out?"

"obviously, dumbass." akaashi smiles, "i've got a plan already - let's call it operation girlfriend. so, all that matters now is-" the ravennete extends a hand towards bokuto, "-you in?"

"d-did you just say g-girlfriend?!"

/ notes!

> bokuto got rlly flustered when akaashi mentioned the word gf bc he thinks its wrong to think of y/n that way 😢😢💔💔💋 #bae !!?!

> they ended up changing it to operation confession bc thats the aim of the plan (+ whenever they said gf bokuto would faint)

> y/n wouldn't stop sneezing that day; "is someone talking about me...?"